Nintendo lied about censorship with games.

Reserved for modern gaming discussions.
Sonicx9

Nintendo lied about censorship with games.

Postby Sonicx9 » October 17th, 2019, 2:22 pm

First they said this: https://www.nintendoenthusiast.com/2019 ... -industry/

And now they flip flop to this: https://personacentral.com/tokyo-mirage ... e-changes/ I say boycott time! Thoughts.

Stalvern

Re: Nintendo lied about censorship with games.

Postby Stalvern » October 17th, 2019, 2:34 pm

I'll be sure to avoid purchasing this game that I already couldn't be less interested in purchasing.

Sonicx9

Postby Sonicx9 » October 17th, 2019, 2:40 pm

Stalvern wrote:I'll be sure to avoid purchasing this game that I already could not have any less interest in purchasing.

Then again you are a Xenophobic to Japanese made stuff with what you said "I dislike JRPGs, anime, and teenagers, so a JRPG about anime teenagers is pretty far off my radar."so not surprised by what you just said Stalvern.

Stalvern

Postby Stalvern » October 17th, 2019, 2:53 pm

I am not xenophobic and have nothing against Japan. I don't like JRPGs because I find their gameplay incredibly tedious. I don't like anime because it's mostly mass-produced, pandering crap, not because I hate it in itself – I'd be an idiot to call, say, Grave of the Fireflies anything but a masterpiece. As Japanese culture goes, I am far more interested in novelists like Yasunari Kawabata and Shusaku Endo than in some idol game that I'm supposed to be angry about because it doesn't have enough cartoon boobies.

Sonicx9

Postby Sonicx9 » October 17th, 2019, 3:00 pm

Stalvern wrote:I am not xenophobic and have nothing against Japan. I don't like JRPGs because I find their gameplay incredibly tedious. I don't like anime because it's mostly mass-produced, pandering crap, not because I hate it in itself – I'd be an idiot to call, say, Grave of the Fireflies anything but a masterpiece. As Japanese culture goes, I am far more interested in novelists like Yasunari Kawabata and Shusaku Endo than in some idol game that I'm supposed to be angry about because it doesn't have enough cartoon boobies.

Ok, sorry about that, but you did say you found some Anime you like from these quotes "This is a vile perversion, but I will indulge it in recommending the previously mentioned Cowboy Bebop and Welcome to the NHK (which couldn't be more different!), both of whose English dubs are considered by the series' creators to be the definitive voice acting." and "I didn't recommend One Punch Man earlier because I know that you already know about it, but I'm going to recommend it now because it's great regardless and has a good dub.". It makes no sense.

Stalvern

Postby Stalvern » October 17th, 2019, 3:04 pm

Sonicx9 wrote:It makes no sense.

It makes perfect sense if you understand that I might like or dislike something independently from its stylistic tropes.

Sonicx9

Postby Sonicx9 » October 17th, 2019, 3:07 pm

Stalvern wrote:
Sonicx9 wrote:It makes no sense.

It makes perfect sense if you understand that I might like or dislike something independently from its stylistic tropes.

But why do you like stuff like Cowboy Bebop, Welcome to the NHK, and One Punch Man despite you clearly saying not a Anime guy?

Stalvern

Postby Stalvern » October 17th, 2019, 3:21 pm

It's a general preference, not some absolute rule. I already explained this.

Sonicx9

Postby Sonicx9 » October 17th, 2019, 3:34 pm

Stalvern wrote:It's a general preference, not some absolute rule. I already explained this.

Ok, understand.

But going back to the topic it a lose lose with censorship on consoles, PlayStation censorship niche 3rd party games, and Nintendo censoring 1st party games, a lose lose situation.

DrLitch

Postby DrLitch » October 17th, 2019, 9:53 pm

Sonicx9 wrote:First they said this: https://www.nintendoenthusiast.com/2019 ... -industry/

And now they flip flop to this: https://personacentral.com/tokyo-mirage ... e-changes/ I say boycott time! Thoughts.

Well historically Nintendo were always pretty clean. They do have a track record of good wholesome material and values.

That said common sense suggests if it is R rated material just slap an R rated tag on the box.

Steam has a whole bunch of adult games to play they have recently ditched censorship altogether. Gamer's that get their rocks off to Video Game Anime or Hentai now have a new favourite place. I am with Stalvern here, not my thing, but I get it that some folks also seek to get that little something extra playing their video games. Kinda taking care of two birds with one stone :lol:

Return to “Modern Gaming”