Stadia launch lineup announced and still do not care.

Reserved for modern gaming discussions.
Sonicx9

Stadia launch lineup announced and still do not care.

Postby Sonicx9 » November 11th, 2019, 3:21 pm

Available at Launch

Assassin’s Creed Odyssey (Ubisoft)
Destiny 2: The Collection (Bungie)
GYLT (TequilaWorks)
Just Dance 2020 (Ubisoft)
Kine (Gwen Frey)
Mortal Kombat 11 (Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment)
Red Dead Redemption 2 (Rockstar Games)
Rise of the Tomb Raider: 20 Year Celebration (Square Enix)
Samurai Shodown (SNK)
Shadow of the Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition (Square Enix)
Thumper (Drool)
Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition (Square Enix)

Coming in 2019

Attack on Titan 2: Final Battle (Koei Tecmo)
Borderlands 3 (2K Games)
Darksiders Genesis (THQ Nordic)
Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 (Bandai Namco)
Farming Simulator 19 (Focus Home Interactive)
Final Fantasy XV (Square Enix)
Football Manager 2020 (Sega)
Ghost Recon: Breakpoint (Ubisoft)
GRID (Codemasters)
Metro Exodus (Deep Silver)
NBA 2K20 (2K Games)
Rage 2 (Bethesda Softworks)
Trials Rising (Ubisoft)
Wolfenstein: Youngblood (Bethesda Softworks)

Mostly old ports and almost no exclusives, and worse some games that where promised like Power Rangers: Battle for the Grid are missing for an undisclosed release date. This system/service is going to flop at the rate things are going, thoughts?

DrLitch

Re: Stadia launch lineup announced and still do not care.

Postby DrLitch » November 11th, 2019, 4:15 pm

Do Google have any exclusives lined up / developers that will do projects for Stadia?

I see Red Dead Redemption 2 on launch. Not sure how this will go, the port on the PC is unplayable. You complained about Bloodstained on the Switch, you aint seen nothing in your whole life as bad as this PC port. I demanded a refund and got it.

Sonicx9

Postby Sonicx9 » November 11th, 2019, 4:19 pm

DrLitch wrote:Do Google have any exclusives lined up / developers that will do projects for Stadia?

I see Red Dead Redemption 2 on launch. Not sure how this will go, the port on the PC is unplayable. You complained about Bloodstained on the Switch, you aint seen nothing in your whole life as bad as this PC port. I demanded a refund and got it.

What funny is the PC Master Race is often A-OK with bad PC ports because they say wait for patches or use PC Gaming Wiki for fixes, but if it consoles/handheld they rage double standards mutch?

DrLitch

Postby DrLitch » November 11th, 2019, 11:40 pm

Sonicx9 wrote:What funny is the PC Master Race is often A-OK with bad PC ports because they say wait for patches or use PC Gaming Wiki for fixes, but if it consoles/handheld they rage double standards mutch?

It should disturb the PC gaming community that a $400 console outperforms a $5000 PC regarding RDR2. For those that do not game on their PC's it does not matter. Half the community I know are not gamers. I do not see too much of this console/pc rivalry on subreddits and forums I visit, at least not lately. More likely to see a flame war on Gamefaqs or Gamespot nowadays.

Anyway there have been quite a number of piss poor PC ports lately, AAA titles than run pretty poorly on high end hardware. Nier Automata and Red Dead Redemption 2 are the sorriest in lieu of their past excellence on consoles, particularly Nier Automata which is one of the greatest games this generation.

The Google Stadia essentially operates on PC based hardware. Companies porting to PC better shape up or else Google will not be happy. No amount of powerful hardware fixes bad code. I shudder to think how Red Dead will hold up with it's poor frame rates, stutter, screen tearing, and then latency from streaming. The Xbox One X version for now is definitive.

Sonicx9

Postby Sonicx9 » November 11th, 2019, 11:45 pm

DrLitch wrote:
Sonicx9 wrote:What funny is the PC Master Race is often A-OK with bad PC ports because they say wait for patches or use PC Gaming Wiki for fixes, but if it consoles/handheld they rage double standards mutch?

It should disturb the PC gaming community that a $400 console outperforms a $5000 PC regarding RDR2. For those that do not game on their PC's it does not matter. Half the community I know are not gamers. I do not see too much of this console/pc rivalry on subreddits and forums I visit, at least not lately. More likely to see a flame war on Gamefaqs or Gamespot nowadays.

Anyway there have been quite a number of piss poor PC ports lately, AAA titles than run pretty poorly on high end hardware. Nier Automata and Red Dead Redemption 2 are the sorriest in lieu of their past excellence on consoles, particularly Nier Automata which is one of the greatest games this generation.

The Google Stadia ssentially operates on PC based hardware. Companies porting to PC better shape up or else Google will not be happy. No amount of powerful hardware fixes bad code. I shudder to think how Red Dead will hold up with it's poor frame rates, stutter, screen tearing, and then latency from streaming. The Xbox One X version for now is definitive.

Sometimes they use the excuse of "The games are fine. Your computer is just too weak to contain all of the awesome. Meet the new Crysis, you cucks." excuse like Ark: Survival Evolved saying if you have a way overkill gaming PC Rig along with PC Gaming Wiki and patches the games should be a-ok or is that elitism at it worse?

Voor

Postby Voor » November 12th, 2019, 6:39 am

That’s exactly why I’ve never got into higher end PC gaming—it’s too dependent on your PC being up to certain specs, which is costly and never ending.

It’s kind of amazing that I had a fun experience with Starcraft in the day, over a 56K modem. Lol

DrLitch

Postby DrLitch » November 12th, 2019, 10:50 am

Sonicx9 wrote:Sometimes they use the excuse of "The games are fine. Your computer is just too weak to contain all of the awesome. Meet the new Crysis, you cucks."

Oh yeah, the "snowflake/you cuck" crowd that get all uppity when you disagree. It's a show, gamesmanship.... I have met some of these folks in real life exchanging parts - the online persona and real persona are not necessarily correlated. The internet introduces it's own subculture.

As for Crysis this one single title formed a widespread collective neuroses among PC gamers. I remember alright. To get the game running to PS3 level required something like a Q6600 and 8800GTS (preferably in SLI). Not cheap back then. Intel's Sandy Bridge i5/i7 CPU's and Nvidia's Kepler architecture were game changers for PC gaming in 2011. It is only now with Xbox One X being utilized to it's potential and the PS5 imminently due a different picture is beginning to appear.

Voor wrote:It’s kind of amazing that I had a fun experience with Starcraft in the day, over a 56K modem. Lol

Starcraft was an amazing game. An all time favorite of mine.

PC building is the fun part for me. Pick and choose your components, how you want it to look and so on. I built this bad boy here a couple of months ago:
Attachments
NcaseBuild.jpg
NcaseBuild.jpg (113.25 KiB) Viewed 1629 times

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » November 13th, 2019, 9:38 pm

That's a great lineup... if you want to play Tomb Raider 24/7.

MSR1701

Postby MSR1701 » November 14th, 2019, 2:38 pm

From that list, it's got a lot of "popular" titles that I see advertised in stores for the major consoles, though nowhere near my tastes (still collecting for the Vita, and dreaming of a Switch for Link's Awakening).

The biggest weakness of this thing is the fact that it is so heavily dependent on internet to function. Out my way in Northern Georgia, USA, we have crap for internet (the providers are Windstream for "high speed," satellite that charges by the mega-bit, or dial up in select areas), and we have a bear of a time just watching Youtube and Amazon Prime Video on the Roku or phone, nevermind gaming for something like this.

It's not a horrible idea in total (there are FAR worse console ideas over the years, such as Game.com, Zodiac and Phantom), and it does help to remember that when Sony announced they were releasing something called a PS-X in the early 90s, most everyone laughed at them. When Microsoft announced their DirectXbox project, many laughed and thought it would not last. Also, the Wii was a terrible idea that would never sell.

I'm not a fan of the Stadia by any stretch, but it helps to be objective and remember that the target audience that it is made for is not the primary demographic that frequents Retro Gaming sites often. Mainly, it is made more for gamers like my cousins or my uncle who entertains business clients with an XboxOne and the annual Madden/Call of Dudy/newest game flavor of the year.

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » November 14th, 2019, 7:18 pm

I'm not sure what's more off-putting, having Google stand between me and my game collection, or the most hated company in the industry (insert your internet provider here). In this case, you have both. No thanks!

Return to “Modern Gaming”