Is this me or is Dave the Video Game Critic not crazy about the 8th gen as a whole?

Reserved for modern gaming discussions.
DrLitch

Re: Is this me or is Dave the Video Game Critic not crazy about the 8th gen as a whole?

Postby DrLitch » November 16th, 2019, 11:41 pm

Sonicx9 wrote:I hope it opens a large can of worms as it will show what his polarizing feelings are on this gen as a whole.

Polarisation relates to an orientation of the electric field. That polarisation is actually worth something. It has applications. The polarisation you talk of is absolutely worthless, meaningless....

When a hobby reaches critical mass it is not a bad idea to seek out other topics of interest. If you applied as much effort and thought that you pour into this hobby (which serves no other purpose than passing some time/relaxation) towards some other venture, who knows what you may achieve.

Sonicx9

Re: Is this me or is Dave the Video Game Critic not crazy about the 8th gen as a whole?

Postby Sonicx9 » November 17th, 2019, 12:37 am

DrLitch wrote:
Polarisation relates to an orientation of the electric field. That polarisation is actually worth something. It has applications. The polarisation you talk of is absolutely worthless, meaningless....

When a hobby reaches critical mass it is not a bad idea to seek out other topics of interest. If you applied as much effort and thought that you pour into this hobby (which serves no other purpose than passing some time/relaxation) towards some other venture, who knows what you may achieve.

First of all the polarizing term loves to be thrown around on the internet for no reason what so ever. As for other topics of interest. I do like watching Anime and Movies as well. But my big main hobby is video games. Maybe I would have enjoyed 8th gen more if I did not visit this site, Reddit, YouTube, and trusting a friend opinions too seriously as that all ruined the 8th gen for me but that just me.

Voor

Postby Voor » November 17th, 2019, 12:48 am

Hey there sonic, seems like the smash bro 4 situation and VGC grades have REALLY bothered you. Below are threads you’ve created about the topic, which you referenced again in the OP.

I appreciate your passion about this topic, but it’s OK if the VGC’s opinions aren’t 100% consistent. Sometimes a game may seem “inferior” from a technical standpoint, but is just more fun.

viewtopic.php?t=17528

viewtopic.php?t=14045

viewtopic.php?t=13426

viewtopic.php?t=13342

viewtopic.php?t=13223

Sonicx9

Postby Sonicx9 » November 17th, 2019, 1:32 am

Voor wrote:Hey there sonic, seems like the smash bro 4 situation and VGC grades have REALLY bothered you. Below are threads you’ve created about the topic, which you referenced again in the OP.

I appreciate your passion about this topic, but it’s OK if the VGC’s opinions aren’t 100% consistent. Sometimes a game may seem “inferior” from a technical standpoint, but is just more fun.

viewtopic.php?t=17528

viewtopic.php?t=14045

viewtopic.php?t=13426

viewtopic.php?t=13342

viewtopic.php?t=13223

Voor thanks for the references, but that not the only grade that bothers me because if you look at the intro post as quoted"Super Smash Bros. for Wii U (gave the inferior 3DS version a high grade despite the Wii U version being better.), Splatoon, Super Mario Maker, The Wonderful 101, NES Remix Pack, Sunset Overdrive, Soulcalibur VI and Tekken 7 (all got lower scores then the god awful Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric game WTF!), Bloodborne (same thing), The King of Fighters XIV (the incomplete mess Street Fighter V getting a higher score blows my mind!) Resident Evil 7 Biohazard (see what I mean about Dave the Video Game critic not being crazy about the 8th gen is with scores like this.) God of War 2018 (same thing as well)." And also two other grades that make my blood boil are the not so great Yooka-Laylee a B- when it deserves a C-/D+ range as many people hate it guts like Jim Sterling. And the god awful Switch port of Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (B+ for a garbage version that should have gotten a D range especially that port, if it was PS4 and Xbox One the B+ score would have been right on target, but nope had to settle with the worst version just make my blood boil.) and gave Curse of the Moon a B- when that is more B+ worthy considering the port of Ritual of the Night is hot garbage.

Maybe it just me but that why I get such an unimpressive view of the 8th gen is from critics mixed reviews from this not so great console gen. Not help with things like Reddit, YouTube, and trusting a friend opinions too seriously as that all ruined the 8th gen for me but that just me. That is one of the main reasons why I want to leave the site so I can stop being the critic puppet?

Stalvern

Postby Stalvern » November 17th, 2019, 1:41 am

Sonicx9 wrote:Maybe it just me

It is.

Sonicx9

Postby Sonicx9 » November 17th, 2019, 1:42 am

Stalvern wrote:It is.

Why "It is." Stalvern?

Stalvern

Postby Stalvern » November 17th, 2019, 2:15 am

It is just you. You're the only person on this site, maybe even the only person on the planet, who is so obsessed with the question of whether the current console generation is good or bad. Other people are content to have their own thoughts, but you will not rest until your misgivings about the state of the industry are validated by some transcendent source of indisputable truth. It's not enough that you don't like microtransactions or loot boxes or day-one patches, not even that you think they make this generation a bad one – you need to be right about this in the same way that you can be right about when FDR was born or where JFK was killed. You are terrified of your own fallibility, posting dozens of threads trying to find the textbook that will let you check your answers, always coming up empty-handed and always desperately trying again. It does not exist. It cannot exist. The only person who can tell you what to think is you.
Last edited by Stalvern on November 17th, 2019, 2:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sonicx9

Postby Sonicx9 » November 17th, 2019, 2:17 am

Stalvern wrote:It is just you. You're the only person on this site, maybe even the only person on the planet, who is so obsessed with the question of whether the current console generation is good or bad. Other people are content to have their own thoughts, but you will not rest until your misgivings about the state of the industry are validated by some transcendent source of indisputable truth. It's not enough that you don't like microtransactions or loot boxes or day-one patches, not even that you think they make this generation a bad one – you need to be right about this in the same way that you can be right about when FDR was born or where JFK was killed. You are so terrified of your own fallibility that you post dozens of threads trying to find the textbook that will let you check your answers, always coming up empty-handed, always desperately trying again. It does not exist. It cannot exist. The only person who can tell you what to think is you.

That it, I am going to have Allie-RX to review bomb this site for revenge as I now hate this site, and if that the case ban me as I am a rude jerk!

Stalvern

Postby Stalvern » November 17th, 2019, 2:23 am

I'm not sure that it's possible to review-bomb a website. Where would the reviews be posted? Yelp?

Sonicx9

Postby Sonicx9 » November 17th, 2019, 2:26 am

Stalvern wrote:I'm not sure that it's possible to review-bomb a website. Where would the reviews be posted? Yelp?

I tried it on Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night Switch, but it only allowed it one time and it only went down to a C+ WTF! And Yelp is where I will give a negative review to this piece of S*** website that sucks ASS!

Return to “Modern Gaming”