Thrill Kill (unreleased PS1)

The readers post their own reviews.
Retro STrife

Re: Thrill Kill (unreleased PS1)

Postby Retro STrife » November 29th, 2019, 1:30 am

VideoGameCritic wrote:Seems like I need to track this game if only for novelty value.

"Cash rules everything around me, CREAM get the money, dolla dolla bill yall!"

Wu-Tang: Shaolin Style would definitely make for a good review. It got very mixed reviews back in the day- some very high scores, and some very low scores. It was unique, but not very polished, so critics didn’t know what to make of it.

I played a demo of it back then, and it was a different feel from all the other 3D fighters on the market. It was no Tekken 3, but the fighting engine was unique enough to make it worth trying. It also focused on 4-player fights, rather than head to head matches. I’d be interested to see how it holds up today. The novelty of it might buy it some bonus points- but even if it sucks, it’d make for a funny review.

Verm3

Postby Verm3 » November 29th, 2019, 1:39 am

The critic could do a band inspired/sponsored video games special if there is enough of them on consoles?

Stalvern

Postby Stalvern » November 29th, 2019, 10:00 am

If the VGC does review the Wu-Tang game, he needs to play it with the Wu-Tang controller that was bundled with it.

Matchstick

Postby Matchstick » November 30th, 2019, 12:26 am

Stalvern wrote:If the VGC does review the Wu-Tang game, he needs to play it with the Wu-Tang controller that was bundled with it.

Well, would you look at that. I had no idea such a thing existed! Shouldn't come as much of a surprise, I guess, given the level of marketing that Wu-tang merch has always received. They've never been afraid to slap that logo on any and everything, that's for sure.

Thanks for sharing, Stalvern. Today, I learned!

goldenband

Postby goldenband » November 30th, 2019, 11:07 am

Oh, man, I can just imagine the awkward, stiff clanking of those buttons. If it's not cheaply-made and janky as hell, I'll be pleasantly surprised.

Return to “Reader Reviews”