NFL Football

Talk about music, movies, television, books, and other media. No religious or political discussion allowed.
jon

Re: NFL Football

Postby jon » December 29th, 2019, 2:27 pm

Watching the Dolphins Patriots game it's ridiculous how the refs give the Patriots every call. It's crazy. And the Dolphins have the ugliest jerseys I've ever seen. We went from one of the iconic jerseys in football (maybe sports too) to some weird uniforms that are ridiculously ugly. I've read that even if we were to change our jerseys back, there's a league rule that they need to wait 5 years or seomthing for new unis. I'm on the anyone but Patriots train.

C64_Critic

Postby C64_Critic » December 29th, 2019, 2:56 pm

jon wrote:Watching the Dolphins Patriots game it's ridiculous how the refs give the Patriots every call. It's crazy.

Lemme guess - first time watching a Patriots game?!?!?! :lol:

jon

Postby jon » December 29th, 2019, 6:31 pm

This all started when Robert Kraft took over the team in the mid 90's. There was a game in '98 when the Pats were down by like 4 or whatever and there was time for one play from like their own 45. They tried a hail mary. It was incomplete but they called a defensive pass interference. That gave the Pats the ball on the 1. They punched it in and won what I considered at the time the most screwed up paid off officials of all time. Suffice to say they knocked it out of the galaxy with the tuck rule play in '01. I never forgave the NFL or the Patriots for overturning that fumble. It basically altered the course of NFL history. All because their owner Kraft has serious political connections or something. That '98 hail mary fiasco actually hurt the Dolphins in the standings that year. I've been noticing the officials being in the Pat's back pockets since '98. It's a joke. Good thing they lost today and won't get a bye. It still won't undo what is the most fraudulent so called dynasty in NFL history. Brady has had incredible pass protection his whole career, he never even gets touched. Boy what I'd pay to go back in time and see Brady drafted by a crap team and end up being just another guy.

Retrology

Postby Retrology » January 5th, 2020, 1:44 am

The Patriots finally lost an AFC playoff game, it has happened!

What a crazy, crazy, crazy Saturday of playoff football. That Bills-Texans game was the best bad playoff game I've seen in years,

GeoX

Postby GeoX » January 5th, 2020, 6:08 am

Retrology wrote:The Patriots finally lost an AFC playoff game, it has happened!

What a crazy, crazy, crazy Saturday of playoff football. That Bills-Texans game was the best bad playoff game I've seen in years,

Couple of great games indeed, I think tomorrow’s games will be even better. The only bad spot was that lame block in the back penalty that derailed Buffalo. Allen’s meltdown wasn’t fun either, he looked like he was going to faint.

C64_Critic

Postby C64_Critic » January 5th, 2020, 12:09 pm

Retrology wrote:The Patriots finally lost an AFC playoff game, it has happened!

Shoulda saved their sideline-filming stunt for the playoffs instead of getting pinched doing it against the Bengals :lol:
The BEST part was watching Bellicheat having his own tricks used against him by his former student - priceless!!
https://twitter.com/i/status/1213672756031741953

jon

Postby jon » January 5th, 2020, 2:27 pm

When the Dolphins beat the Pats last week and cost them a bye it was the best I’ve felt as a dolphins fan since Marino in the 90’s. Yes, I’m a huge Fan of Danny Boy. It probably would have been a win in ‘95. Boy was everything better in ‘95. The Pats are cheaters. They’ve illegally been filming teams since at least 2007 and who knows what kind of dangerous steroids the team is on if they’re willing to cheat on one thing they’ll cheat on everything. And boy would it be nice if the Pats didn’t have the refs on their back pockets

Voor

Postby Voor » January 5th, 2020, 5:57 pm

I’ll ask again: how is filming the sideline during a game cheating? Just genuinely curious....

jon

Postby jon » January 5th, 2020, 7:09 pm

I’m not going to provide evidence, even if circumstantial that the pats have been cheaters. I don’t think it’s a debate

Luigi & Peach

Postby Luigi & Peach » January 5th, 2020, 7:41 pm

He's not asking you to provide evidence. He just wants to know why it's illegal.

I don't know the exact rule, but I imagine it's the same reason you can't tape their practice. You're not allowed to steal their signals and play calls through videotape. If a player figures out their playcalls on the field that's just being smart, but studying videotape gives you too much of a competitive advantage.

Now that the Pats are out the only thing that would make me happier (sorry, Dave) is to see Baltimore out next weekend.

Return to “Other Media”