NFL Football

Talk about music, movies, television, books, and other media. No religious or political discussion allowed.
Robotrek

Re: NFL Football

Postby Robotrek » January 12th, 2020, 1:43 pm

Who'd have thought the Titans would steamroll two of the best teams ever to play the game? Still worth it to me to see the Steelers out. Our 2 rings didn't disappear.

BlasteroidAli

Postby BlasteroidAli » January 12th, 2020, 11:28 pm

The KC games was amazing. I had written them off after the first quarter. Wow what a game.

TheEagleXIII

Postby TheEagleXIII » January 13th, 2020, 6:24 am

I can't believe how the Texans threw that game away. All props to the KC for an amazing comeback - it was a great game - but why are you running a fake punt on your own 30 in the 2nd quarter when you're up 3 scores!? Totally killed any momentum Houston might have had left.

Ah well, Packers advance :D

Gleebergloben123

Postby Gleebergloben123 » January 13th, 2020, 9:31 am

49ers over Vikings, no shocker there.

Titans over Ravens, man oh man is Dereck Henry a beast. He’s like 10’7 and weighs over 520 pounds (6’4”, 248). He and his O-Line are in synch; Henry had a full head of steam by the time he got to the line of scrimmage untouched. Big, fast, and patient runner.

Chiefs over Titans: word on the street says Titans assistant defensive coach Skooter J. McGillicuddy told his D at the beginning of the 2nd quarter, “Hey guys, we’re up 24-0, pretty insurmountable, just take the rest of the game off.”

Packers over Seahawks: hard to come back from 21-3 at half, but the Seahawks almost pulled it off.

Retrology

Postby Retrology » January 14th, 2020, 7:14 pm

Never would've seen the Ravens losing coming. That's one of the greatest upsets in playoff history without a doubt.

This Titans team is one of destiny. They'll be massive underdogs against the Chiefs but don't forget they have won 3 in a row against KC (including that wild card game in 2017), so they play KC as well as any team can.

Speaking of the Chiefs HOW DO YOU TRAIL BY THREE SCORES IN THE FIRST QUARTER THEN WIN BY THREE SCORES IN THE SAME GAME? That's beyond bonkers. Helps when you have a special talent in Mahomes plus a plethora of weapons to throw to.

I kinda want Andy Reid to get a ring. He's been as good as any coach in the league and while he's had his shortcomings in the playoffs he deserves to earn a Super Bowl victory. Plus I think he'd be the 7th coach to get two different franchises to a Super Bowl, which would be an extremely impressive feat.

(Then again if Dee Ford wasn't offsides he would've had that already.)

jon

Postby jon » January 17th, 2020, 7:44 pm

It’ll be fun games on Sunday. I couldn’t believe LSU was only favored by like 5. And I feel the same way about Kansas City only being favored by 7. I think they’ll win by more than that. Although I’m rooting for the Titans bc Of Tammehill. I knew he got better in the last year or two with the Fins. Very happy for him. I wouldn’t mind seeing Andy Reid get his first Super Bowl ring though

Retrology

Postby Retrology » January 17th, 2020, 10:48 pm

jon wrote:It’ll be fun games on Sunday. I couldn’t believe LSU was only favored by like 5. And I feel the same way about Kansas City only being favored by 7. I think they’ll win by more than that. Although I’m rooting for the Titans bc Of Tammehill. I knew he got better in the last year or two with the Fins. Very happy for him. I wouldn’t mind seeing Andy Reid get his first Super Bowl ring though

I was feeling pretty bad about heavily favoring LSU when they were trailing early but thankfully they pulled through and destroyed Clemson (not that I bet on sports though!)

Tannehill's never been that bad imo. I thought he was solid for much of his career in Miami (before the two knee injuries) and that's exactly what's shown up with Tennessee. Idk if they can pull off the upset but they usually own the Chiefs (they've won 3 in a row including the Wild Card 21-3 comeback in 2017) so anything is possible.

I do agree that seeing Reid get a ring would be great. He's been a high quality coach for over 20 years.

Gleebergloben123

Postby Gleebergloben123 » January 18th, 2020, 9:12 am

I usually charge over $20K for this info, but here are the correct winners and scores for yesterday. Uh, I mean tomorrow. Yeah, that’s it, that’s the ticket.

Titans 23
Chiefs 17

Packers 13
49ers 27

C64_Critic

Postby C64_Critic » January 18th, 2020, 2:22 pm

Gleebergloben123 wrote:Titans over Ravens, man oh man is Dereck Henry a beast. He’s like 10’7 and weighs over 520 pounds (6’4”, 248). He and his O-Line are in synch; Henry had a full head of steam by the time he got to the line of scrimmage untouched. Big, fast, and patient runner.

Totally agree - even with him having the run(!) he was having, I was still shocked when the Titans jumped out to a 14-0 lead early, and kept waiting for them to "turn it on". That unbelievable comeback that the Chiefs had after being down 24-0 against the Texans? That is EXACTLY what I kept thinking Baltimore was going to do. They were my presumptive SB champs after they beat the 49ers in the regular season, it's unreal to me that they'll be home watching the games this weekend like the rest of us.

Baltimore Safety Earl Thomas: "Those guys didn’t seem too interested in tackling [Henry]. I think our mindset is a little different."
Derrick Henry: "Hold my beer..."
https://twitter.com/i/status/1216183670198788096

Breaker

Postby Breaker » January 19th, 2020, 1:53 am

The Titans - Chiefs game is going to be fun to watch. I'm sure the 49ers - Packers will be, too, but somehow seems less electric.

Robotrek wrote:Still worth it to me to see the Steelers out. Our 2 rings didn't disappear.

Neither did our 6. ;) #HereWeGo

But, seriously, I love to see new teams competing for the title. No matter what sport, I get sick of the same teams over and over...

Return to “Other Media”