NHL Hockey

Talk about music, movies, television, books, and other media. No religious or political discussion allowed.
lynchie137

Re: NHL Hockey

Postby lynchie137 » January 18th, 2020, 12:16 pm

Hi. Habs fan here. But don't hold that against me haha. Anyway... It's been a bit of a rough year for them this season. I was expecting them to be in contention for at least a wild card playoff spot after they just missed out the year before. But going through two 8 game winless streaks in the span of little more than a month has all but dashed those hopes. Sure, there's still a lot of hockey to play, and they're only 9 points back of the second second wild card spot in the Eastern Conference. But they're really gonna have to go on a run like the Blues did last year and also hope for some of the teams above them in the standings to really fall flat on their faces in order to snag that playoff spot. And to be honest, I don't see either scenario unfolding.

On a lighter note, been playing a lot of NHL '96 for the Genesis lately. The EA series of hockey games was always pretty good in general, but this is the one I always go back to. The gameplay is fast but not too fast, and the controls are dead on perfect. To me, it was always not only the best of all the EA sports titles, but also the best sports game of the 16 bit era. Nothing else really comes close imho. No wonder copies of it had a sticker plastered in the upper right corner of the box saying it was "the best sports simulation ever". It is just that good.

lynchie137

Postby lynchie137 » January 18th, 2020, 12:26 pm

jon wrote:I’m a Florida Panthers fan. They need to make the playoffs more often

Well, seeing that the Panthers are only two points behind the Leafs for third in the Atlantic Division and only one point behind Columbus and Philly for the second wild card spot in the east. making the playoffs is definitely not out of the question. They've got some really good young players on the team right now and a very good coach in Joel Quennville behind the bench. If they can get some consistent performances from their goalies, I can see them sneaking in there when it's all said and done come April...

lynchie137

Postby lynchie137 » January 18th, 2020, 12:33 pm

SuperiorShark wrote:
jon wrote:I’m a Florida Panthers fan. They need to make the playoffs more often

Haha, I'm a Tampa Bay Lightning fan. They need to WIN in the playoffs more often

I'm still in shock that they got swept in the opening round of the playoffs last year. And to be quite frank, I believe they were too, as they got off to a bit of a slow start this year. However, they won 8 out of their last 10, so it looks like they're starting to get rolling again.

lynchie137

Postby lynchie137 » January 18th, 2020, 12:37 pm

VideoGameCritic wrote:I really like the color and design of the original Anaheim Ducks uniforms. They were a cool team to play back in the day in the NHL games.

Now the Ducks looks pretty bland.

I totally agree. They really need to bring back their original unis on at least a part time basis. The one's they're rocking now are awful. Just awful.

jon

Postby jon » January 18th, 2020, 7:06 pm

That's some great info about the Panthers. They're playing the Red Wings, who shockingly to me are not having a good year. Growing up the Red Wings were always great. There literally was just a fight between a Panther player and a Red Wing player they didn't really land enough punches. There are so few fights nowadays. It's funny, I watched Swingers last night. And the Nhl 94 part was amazing. I'm not sure if it was NHL '94 or another year. One of the guys had a L.A. Kings Gretzky jersey on. I agree about the Ducks uniforms at the beginning were amazing. The second best is the Kings jerseys imo.

Return to “Other Media”