Intellivision Amico Info

Reserved for modern gaming discussions.
HawgWyld

Re: Intellivision Amico Info

Postby HawgWyld » January 27th, 2020, 8:29 pm

Did anyone get in on the Founders Edition preorder?

ASalvaro

Postby ASalvaro » January 28th, 2020, 10:39 am

Teej wrote:
ASalvaro wrote:tweet today from the author of Amico Night Stalker
Mike Mika
@MikeJMika
Intellivision released a Night Stalker gameplay video! I can officially say I am making this remake (the footage is from last year - Expect some evolution). 4 players, co-op and competitive. There is a crazy story that emerges as you play, too. It's fun!

Looks really fun! Does the original game come included as well? Or is it just in the trailer to illustrate the leap in graphics and gameplay?

No it was just to show the difference..the original along with other Intellivision games will be available the following year

MSR1701

Postby MSR1701 » January 28th, 2020, 10:48 am

ASalvaro wrote:
Teej wrote:
ASalvaro wrote:tweet today from the author of Amico Night Stalker
Mike Mika
@MikeJMika
Intellivision released a Night Stalker gameplay video! I can officially say I am making this remake (the footage is from last year - Expect some evolution). 4 players, co-op and competitive. There is a crazy story that emerges as you play, too. It's fun!

Looks really fun! Does the original game come included as well? Or is it just in the trailer to illustrate the leap in graphics and gameplay?

No it was just to show the difference..the original along with other Intellivision games will be available the following year

Still not sold on the idea. It's nostalgic to see a system hype like this from a classic player in the industry (like Atari coming back with a new system in the 90s, or Sega and the Genesis Mini last year), but not sure how long this will be supported or if it can be justified (the Intelivision Mini and the Intellivision compilation games (DS is the best!) still play well and are overal cheaper).

ASalvaro

Postby ASalvaro » January 28th, 2020, 1:40 pm

MSR1701 wrote:
ASalvaro wrote:
Teej wrote:

Still not sold on the idea. It's nostalgic to see a system hype like this from a classic player in the industry (like Atari coming back with a new system in the 90s, or Sega and the Genesis Mini last year), but not sure how long this will be supported or if it can be justified (the Intelivision Mini and the Intellivision compilation games (DS is the best!) still play well and are overal cheaper).

Tommy Tallarico has so much passion for the Original Intellivision and the Amico that this will be supported for quite awhile..don't forget they are showing us retro remakes at the moment because that's what the base wants to see but these types of games will only make up about 25 percent of the titles..the rest will be new original titles

ASalvaro

Postby ASalvaro » January 28th, 2020, 1:41 pm

HawgWyld wrote:Did anyone get in on the Founders Edition preorder?

no i didn't,did you? all 2600 units sold out in 6 hours

MSR1701

Postby MSR1701 » January 28th, 2020, 1:58 pm

ASalvaro wrote:
MSR1701 wrote:
ASalvaro wrote:No it was just to show the difference..the original along with other Intellivision games will be available the following year

Tommy Tallarico has so much passion for the Original Intellivision and the Amico that this will be supported for quite awhile..don't forget they are showing us retro remakes at the moment because that's what the base wants to see but these types of games will only make up about 25 percent of the titles..the rest will be new original titles

And thank you for reminding me that Tommy Tallarico is on-board with this. Now my interest has been rekindled... :-D

ASalvaro

Postby ASalvaro » January 28th, 2020, 2:11 pm

MSR1701 wrote:
ASalvaro wrote:
MSR1701 wrote:

And thank you for reminding me that Tommy Tallarico is on-board with this. Now my interest has been rekindled... :-D

:lol:

HawgWyld

Postby HawgWyld » January 28th, 2020, 5:22 pm

ASalvaro wrote:

Thought about it, but didn't. I may regret that.

I'll pick one up when they come out. I hope there are enough sentimental Gen X types like me around to keep this system viable.

ASalvaro

Postby ASalvaro » January 28th, 2020, 7:48 pm

HawgWyld wrote:
ASalvaro wrote:

Thought about it, but didn't. I may regret that.

I'll pick one up when they come out. I hope there are enough sentimental Gen X types like me around to keep this system viable.

same here

noah98

Postby noah98 » January 28th, 2020, 9:16 pm

I missed out, but I'm also not a huge fan of faux woodgrain. I'd love to see a Tron themed one though!

Return to “Modern Gaming”