NFL Football

Talk about music, movies, television, books, and other media. No religious or political discussion allowed.
Retrology

Re: NFL Football

Postby Retrology » January 20th, 2020, 12:10 am

Andy Reid did it! Games today weren't very interesting but we get to see the best passing offense take on the best defense. Looking forward to a (hopeful) Chiefs-49ers power struggle.

jon

Postby jon » February 2nd, 2020, 5:30 pm

I want the Chiefs to win because I want to see Andy Reid win a Super Bowl. But I think San Francisco wins because Reid's teams always seem to choke in the playoffs.

Retrology

Postby Retrology » February 3rd, 2020, 3:59 pm

THE WALRUS HAS GOT THE SUPER BOWL RING!!!!

What a game. Happy that Mahomes gets a ring and especially Reid considering how long he had to wait. That was one hell of a fourth quarter too. 49ers had their chances but that missed throw to Sanders and some of Shanahan's play calls ended up biting them big time.

Also hilarious how the Chiefs trailed by at least 10 points in every postseason game this season and won all of them by at least two scores. I don't know if that's ever happened before!

Stalvern

Postby Stalvern » February 3rd, 2020, 6:57 pm

I'm just happy as a Missourian that I can finally move past the humiliation of the Rams.

Retrology

Postby Retrology » February 3rd, 2020, 8:13 pm

Stalvern wrote:I'm just happy as a Missourian that I can finally move past the humiliation of the Rams.

Hey at least you guys had the Blues win the Stanley Cup!

Stalvern

Postby Stalvern » February 3rd, 2020, 9:18 pm

Oh, you have no idea how high we were riding on that. :lol:

C64_Critic

Postby C64_Critic » February 3rd, 2020, 10:05 pm

Retrology wrote:THE WALRUS HAS GOT THE SUPER BOWL RING!!!!
That was one hell of a fourth quarter too. 49ers had their chances but that missed throw to Sanders and some of Shanahan's play calls ended up biting them big time.

49ers: the latest graduates of Choke-So-Hard University. I hadn't remembered until today that their head coach, Kyle Shanahan, was the same CHUMP who, as Offensive Coordinator of the Atlanta Falcons 4 years ago, blew a massive lead over the New England Patriots in SB 45 due to horrible play calling and outright idiocy. Fans say this crap all the time - "I could have called a better game than THAT!" - but this is literally the case for the 2nd half of that game. JUST RUN THE BALL! DON'T TAKE A SACK THAT TAKES YOU OUT OF FIELD GOAL RANGE WHEN IT WOULD ICE THE GAME!!! Had I remembered him going into yesterdays game I would have actively rooted against the 49ers, but since that was brought to my attention I couldn't be more thrilled that he blew it YET AGAIN. I will never forgive him for blowing an easy chance to hand the Cheatriots a SB loss 4 years ago. Not that I'm bitter or anything :-)

MSR1701

Postby MSR1701 » February 6th, 2020, 3:16 pm

C64_Critic wrote:
Retrology wrote:THE WALRUS HAS GOT THE SUPER BOWL RING!!!!
That was one hell of a fourth quarter too. 49ers had their chances but that missed throw to Sanders and some of Shanahan's play calls ended up biting them big time.

49ers: the latest graduates of Choke-So-Hard University. I hadn't remembered until today that their head coach, Kyle Shanahan, was the same CHUMP who, as Offensive Coordinator of the Atlanta Falcons 4 years ago, blew a massive lead over the New England Patriots in SB 45 due to horrible play calling and outright idiocy. Fans say this crap all the time - "I could have called a better game than THAT!" - but this is literally the case for the 2nd half of that game. JUST RUN THE BALL! DON'T TAKE A SACK THAT TAKES YOU OUT OF FIELD GOAL RANGE WHEN IT WOULD ICE THE GAME!!! Had I remembered him going into yesterdays game I would have actively rooted against the 49ers, but since that was brought to my attention I couldn't be more thrilled that he blew it YET AGAIN. I will never forgive him for blowing an easy chance to hand the Cheatriots a SB loss 4 years ago. Not that I'm bitter or anything :-)

This is why I'm a Bulldogs fan and not a fan of the Falcons. The Falcon's have an amazing talent of suddenly being great, then falling on their face.

During said Super Bowl, my Sister, who was not a fan of football in general, was attending a party with my brother in law and his doctor collegues and was the only one not cheering during the end of the first half. When asked why she was silent, she said, "It's the Falcons." One guy said "Yes, they are winning!" She replied with, "Wait for it."

MSR1701

Postby MSR1701 » February 6th, 2020, 3:16 pm

Oh, and she now lives in Kansas City... ;-)

TheEagleXIII

Postby TheEagleXIII » February 16th, 2020, 3:34 pm

So let's not kid ourselves, Brady's headed back to the Pats, right?

Return to “Other Media”