2020/2/14: Genesis: WWF: Super Wrestlemania, Barbie: Super Model

Let me know what you think about my reviews.
VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

2020/2/14: Genesis: WWF: Super Wrestlemania, Barbie: Super Model

Postby VideoGameCritic » February 14th, 2020, 3:46 pm

Please post your thoughts on my latest pair of Genesis reviews.

Zack Burner

Re: 2020/2/14: Genesis: WWF: Super Wrestlemania, Barbie: Super Model

Postby Zack Burner » February 14th, 2020, 9:21 pm

Barbie? Bleach!!!! No comment here. As for the other one, I wasn't expecting that one, but yes I think D is appropriate, The next two Royal Rumble and Raw did a better job, though the latter of the two went a little overboard. Back to business, The wrestler good for beginners is the British Bulldog, have you figured out how to do the finishers? The Bulldog's finisher the powerslam is a good choice for beginners. For the most advanced, the Ultimate Warrior which is a Diving Shoulder Tackle (lame). The tactic I use with him against the computer is first fling the opponent into the ropes and then ready the finisher and it should connect. The other finishers don't really do the wrestlers justice....

ASalvaro

Postby ASalvaro » February 15th, 2020, 1:16 pm

funny how Mattel never had an Intellivision Barbie game

Retro STrife

Postby Retro STrife » February 16th, 2020, 2:01 am

I was pretty pumped to see both these review... yes, even Barbie. Actually, more so Barbie.

Barbie first.. I actually owned that game on SNES growing up, so there's a little nostalgia in it for me. The SNES was my main system growing up for most of the 90s, and I didn't have many games, maybe 10-15. Barbie was one of those games. I have no memory of how we got it.. but I suspect my mom bought it for my younger sister so that she had a "girl game" to play. I played it a few times myself too (hey, when you only own 10 games, you'll play anything). I don't remember most of the game.. but I remember it being pretty easy and shallow.. just a collection of mini-games that wasn't worth more than a couple plays. From the sound of your review, the Genesis version sounds identical to the SNES version. From my memory of the game, I figured you'd give it a D or F. Was surprised by the C. I'll have to give it a shot again for nostalgia sake next time I pull out the SNES.

Next up, the WWF game. The early to mid 90s, growing up, was the only time I followed the WWF. So the 16-bit games by Acclaim always seemed cool to me when I would see them in the magazines as a kid. I wanted one. I didn't ever own any, but I think I rented this one on SNES. Your D score doesn't surprise me, because the games never seemed all that good, as much as I wanted to like them. Based on screenshots though, the SNES versions always looked better than the Genesis games. These days I have the game on SNES and Genesis, but haven't ever had the interest in playing them.

Enjoyed both reads, thanks for posting.

newmodelarmy

Postby newmodelarmy » February 16th, 2020, 7:25 am

Good reviews. I was just playing the WWF game and thought, "this isn't very fun" and "is it me or the game?". Turns out it is the game. I think your review validated what I was thinking about it. The bottom line is that I never knew what the heck I was doing and the pace of the game is far too fast. Collision detection, like you pointed out is a joke which of course is probably one of the most important things to get right in a game like this. Don't think I will pick this one off the shelf again any time soon. Thanks!

Return to “Review Feedback”