Intellivision Amico Info

Reserved for modern gaming discussions.
ASalvaro

Re: Intellivision Amico Info

Postby ASalvaro » March 17th, 2020, 5:12 pm

Robotrek wrote:Wow, I can spend hundreds to play glorified mobile games with the Intellivision brand slapped on. Yay.

this isn't just a brand name slapped on..there are 4 people working for this company that were with the original company in the early 80s

Robotrek

Postby Robotrek » March 17th, 2020, 6:02 pm

ASalvaro wrote:
Robotrek wrote:Wow, I can spend hundreds to play glorified mobile games with the Intellivision brand slapped on. Yay.

this isn't just a brand name slapped on..there are 4 people working for this company that were with the original company in the early 80s

Doesn't address the fact these are just mobile games with a fancy coat of paint.

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » March 17th, 2020, 6:27 pm

Let's see... you play it on the big screen... no touch screen controls... no microtransactions... local multiplayer... physical media.
I fail to the connection between these and mobile games.

Gleebergloben123

Postby Gleebergloben123 » March 17th, 2020, 8:11 pm

Would love to see Amico do Imagic titles like Ice Trek, Safecracker, Microsurgeon, Dracula, and Swords and Serpents. Games that had so much potential but other than Swords and Serpents we’re just “meh”.

ASalvaro

Postby ASalvaro » March 17th, 2020, 8:25 pm

Gleebergloben123 wrote:Would love to see Amico do Imagic titles like Ice Trek, Safecracker, Microsurgeon, Dracula, and Swords and Serpents. Games that had so much potential but other than Swords and Serpents we’re just “meh”.

they have the rights to all Imagic games..right now Ice Trek,Microsurgeon,Safecracker,Beauty & The Beast,Cosmic Ark,Demon Attack & Dracula are confirmed to be remade

here's the full list

10 Yard Fight
Archon
Armor Battle
Asteroids
Astrosmash
Auto Racing
B-17 Bomber
Back Talk Party
Bad Dudes
Baseball
Beauty and the Beast
Biplanes
Bocce
Bomberman
Bowling
Boxing
Breakout
Burgertime
Caveman Ninja
Circus
Cloudy Mountain Crown of Kings
Cornhole
Cosmic Ark
Criss Cross Crash
Darts
Demon Attack
Dracula
Dragon Fire
Earthworm Jim 4
Ecco the Dolphin
Evel Knievel
Farkle
Football
Frog Bog
Frogger
Horse Racing
Ice Trek
Kung-Fu Master
Lock 'N' Chase
Lode Runner
Math Fun
Microsurgeon
Miner 2049er
Missile Command
Moon Patrol:
MotoRace USA
Night Stalker
Picture Charades
Pong Action
Pool & Billiards
R-Type
Running Man*
Safecracker
Shark! Shark!
Shuffleboard
Skiing
Snafoo (Snafu remake with a new name)
Spelunker
Soccer
Texas Hold'em
Toejam & Earl
Tron Deadly Discs
Tropical Angel
Utopia

HawgWyld

Postby HawgWyld » March 17th, 2020, 11:07 pm

ASalvaro wrote:new Amico game trailer that came out today
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4R2CRuQ ... e=youtu.be

A lot of those titles look downright awesome. Looking forward to owning my Amico.

Ferf13

Postby Ferf13 » March 17th, 2020, 11:39 pm

I watched a new Amico trailer today and it showed snippets of more games in action. I am getting pretty excited for it. They showed some D&D looks awesome! , Safecracker, Night Stalker, Astrosmash, Pong, Missile Command, Asteroids, Moon Patrol, Shark! Shark!, Armor Battle, Stunt Cycle, something like Super Sprint, Ecco the Dolphin, some dice game, pool, something that looks like Hot Wheels, and a version of Breakout. I think the couch co-op is going to be great!

Robotrek

Postby Robotrek » March 23rd, 2020, 8:19 pm

VideoGameCritic wrote:Let's see... you play it on the big screen... no touch screen controls... no microtransactions... local multiplayer... physical media.
I fail to the connection between these and mobile games.

The Ouya and Gamestick were on the big screen. Were those not mobile games? No touch screen controls? The controllers have a touch screen, and one of the advertised features is being able to use smartphones as touch screens. If you don't think touch controls are going to be a part of this thing in a semi-substantial way, you're crazy! No micro-transactions is pretty nice, but I know a lot of paid mobile games that don't require you to pay for things after you've purchased them. As far as local multiplayer and physical media, the Nintendo Switch seems to have those bases mostly covered.

When I say mobile games, I mean the presentation of the games. Shark Shark has a goofy ass font at the top and visuals definitely look like a cheap mobile game. Safecracker looks like a bad flash game from 2002. The best looking games were the circuit racer, which looks like a Gamecube game at best, and the skiing game, which looks pretty neat, but definitely not spectacular.

I'm not horribly impressed.

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » March 24th, 2020, 7:31 pm

When you're talking about old-school games, graphics are not the primary consideration. It's all about fun. That's why people can go back and enjoy classics like Ms. Pac-Man and Galaga. And you never hear anybody complaining about the graphics in those!

Whether these games can actually deliver on the gameplay front is yet to be seen, but it looks like they really get it.

ASalvaro

Postby ASalvaro » March 26th, 2020, 1:44 pm

Meet Amico- Missile Command w/controllers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9cOeo7bS4w

love when they turned up the sound on the game later on..these games are going to sound awesome

Return to “Modern Gaming”