Intellivision Amico Info

Reserved for modern gaming discussions.
Voor

Re: Intellivision Amico Info

Postby Voor » March 30th, 2020, 7:49 pm

I like the low production quality of the videos. Just some explanation and gameplay.

I think it’s a cool concept, but I’m just not sure if it’ll feel like more than a novelty. No plans to buy it personally, I’m rooting for it though.

newmodelarmy

Postby newmodelarmy » March 31st, 2020, 7:00 am

I am going to take the leap of faith and pre-order this, which starts today. I can't resist the wood grain option, being a kid that grew up in the late 70's and 80's.

Robotrek

Postby Robotrek » March 31st, 2020, 6:24 pm

Seeing an awful lot of touch screen action for "No touch controls"

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » March 31st, 2020, 7:37 pm

Yeah I didn't realize that was a touch screen!

noah98

Postby noah98 » April 1st, 2020, 6:45 am

I preordered the Black one. I'll do a review for you guys and let you know if it's worth it if it comes out in October.

I heard a rumor that for physical releases they might use RFID (similar to what Mattel used with the Hyperscan) but that hasn't been confirmed yet.

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » April 1st, 2020, 8:39 am

If this thing makes me go online for any reason I will be disappointed.

noah98

Postby noah98 » April 1st, 2020, 2:14 pm

VideoGameCritic wrote:If this thing makes me go online for any reason I will be disappointed.

I get the sense that you will need to use their online store, but I'm not positive. Tommy Tallarico is answering questions on Atariage and is super responsive. When asked about physical media and prices he said:

"Most of the physical media won't be $30. Only super special limited edition ones. I'm calling them the CMART CARTS. :D

We'll have a complete list of ALL available physical media up on our website (and where they will be available). Will be very helpful for the folks looking to complete everything."

He would probably comment here too and answer questions if invited.

ASalvaro

Postby ASalvaro » April 1st, 2020, 4:10 pm

noah98 wrote:
VideoGameCritic wrote:If this thing makes me go online for any reason I will be disappointed.

I get the sense that you will need to use their online store, but I'm not positive. Tommy Tallarico is answering questions on Atariage and is super responsive. When asked about physical media and prices he said:

"Most of the physical media won't be $30. Only super special limited edition ones. I'm calling them the CMART CARTS. :D

We'll have a complete list of ALL available physical media up on our website (and where they will be available). Will be very helpful for the folks looking to complete everything."

He would probably comment here too and answer questions if invited.

i invited Tommy last night to chime in when he has time

newmodelarmy

Postby newmodelarmy » April 1st, 2020, 8:28 pm

Just pre-ordered mine. I normally don't do that sort of thing but I figured what the heck! It looks cool! Had to have the retro wood grain. Reminds me of my old man's Buick station wagon! ha!

noah98

Postby noah98 » April 2nd, 2020, 8:43 am

Here's what Tommy said about downloaded games:

"The great thing is that once you purchase a game.... it's on your hard drive and you can format other SD & USB's to store as well. The games are small (nothing really over 1GB, average around 500mb) so you can store a lot on a little bit of space.

So if servers were shut down... it wouldn't matter. None of the games NEED access to the internet after downloading (unless you want to use/see the worldwide leaderboards, etc.)."

This is good news because consoles like the Ouya have many games that no longer work because they need to "check in" on the internet. It's also nice that you can back up your games.

For physical releases, it looks like they will be RFID collectibles that unlock games that you then have to download once.

Return to “Modern Gaming”