NFL Football

Talk about music, movies, television, books, and other media. No religious or political discussion allowed.
Robotrek

Re: NFL Football

Postby Robotrek » April 4th, 2020, 7:08 pm

Honestly, I think Cam will go unsigned. His constant injuries in the passed few years is a huge liability.

I could see NE just sticking with Jarett, to be honest. There are plenty of good choices out there but I don't see Bill springing for them. Andy Dalton was my original idea for a replacement but everybody is saying that's a long shot so we'll have to wait and see.

jon

Postby jon » April 6th, 2020, 11:49 am

I want to see what Brady can do in Tampa Bay. I was a big fan of his when he was at Michigan and the 1st year in New England. But the whole tuck rule play which led to their first Super Bowl win really got me angry at the whole Patriots organization. Then I started to suspect he didn’t great at the deep ball. And of course I couldn’t root for that whole organization which Got every break possible. Now I’m glad Brady’s out of there and maybe I can be a fan of his again, especially if he throws a good deep ball in Tampa Bay. That offense throws a lot of deep balls

Retrology

Postby Retrology » April 21st, 2020, 10:21 pm

With Gronk coming out of retirement and getting traded to the Buccaneers, this looks like a Dream Team similar to the 2011 Eagles (for better or worse). That didn't go so well for the Browns last year, but maybe this'll be different....right?

Robotrek

Postby Robotrek » April 22nd, 2020, 7:34 am

Retrology wrote:With Gronk coming out of retirement and getting traded to the Buccaneers, this looks like a Dream Team similar to the 2011 Eagles (for better or worse). That didn't go so well for the Browns last year, but maybe this'll be different....right?

I NEVER saw the Gronk coming out of retirement. Now it's obvious they'll try their best to get Edelman. It'll never happen. But it Julian somehow got signed with the Buccs too? Might as well call it the 2018 Patriots.

C64_Critic

Postby C64_Critic » May 2nd, 2020, 3:16 pm

I just read an article talking about the possibility of Antonio Brown playing for the Ravens this coming season. As a life-long Steeler fan, I can only HOPE and PRAY that this comes to pass! Think about it; the Ravens were 14-2 this past season. By all accounts they had an EXCELLENT draft. They are not only one of the most prolific offenses in the NFL, they are one of the youngest as well. This means not only are they fantastic now, but could literally dominate the AFC North for the next 5-6 years.

Enter Antonio Brown.

A player so dysfunctional, even the Raiders had to pass on him. Let me repeat that; he was too dysfunctional for the RAIDERS! A team that threw $25 million at an rookie who ate his way out of the league within 3 years.

It feels like the only chance of slowing the current Ravens train is the classic "insider threat". I can already see Antonio showing up, having a couple of good practices and a few good games, but then quickly turning salty and acting out as he realizes Lamar isn't going to chuck it his way each and every play. Working with his cousin? Suddenly 'family' becomes 'enemy #1'. Team discord ensues, a brilliant squad is squandered, and the Steelers can stay relevant while they take a few years figuring out how to win with Big Ben at the helm. AB would be just the Trojan Horse to keep my team in the mix while the power base in the AFC North balances itself out once again!

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » May 4th, 2020, 7:25 pm

Looks like my Ravens are already feeling the love at #2!
https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/289 ... ree-agency

Luigi & Peach

Postby Luigi & Peach » May 5th, 2020, 6:19 am

VideoGameCritic wrote:Looks like my Ravens are already feeling the love at #2!

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/291 ... every-team

This link is giving me a "Page not found" error.

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » May 5th, 2020, 7:58 am

Thanks for the heads up - I fixed it

TheEagleXIII

Postby TheEagleXIII » September 8th, 2020, 11:10 am

New season still currently scheduled to kick off Friday. It feels like the start of a new era. Empty stadiums, with some possibly allowing quarter capacity. Expanded/tweaked playoffs. The Vegas Raiders. The Washington Football Team. Brady and Gronk at Tampa. Cam at the Pats. The Chargers finally in powder blue. The Rams abandoning their retro identity, the Browns re-embracing theirs. Over 60 players opting to sit the season out. Potentially no college football. No international games.

Am I forgetting anything!? :shock:

I was skeptical at first, but I'm looking forward to the expanded playoffs. Thankfully it's only 1 extra team per conference, so it's still more exclusive than the other major leagues. I'm all for the #1 seed in each conference being the only team to earn a bye. The downside, is having a 7th seed might allow some 8-8 or 7-9 times to sneak in the playoffs, but if there's an extra spot to fight for it'll hopefully have the opposite affect.

Retrology

Postby Retrology » October 4th, 2020, 3:54 pm

WHAT IS GOING ON WITH THE BROWNS?!?!?!

Return to “Other Media”