Resident Evil Movies

Talk about music, movies, television, books, and other media. No religious or political discussion allowed.
VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Resident Evil Movies

Postby VideoGameCritic » April 27th, 2020, 8:00 am

I'm going back and watching the Resident Evil movies, some of which I haven't seen yet. There are six!

Watched the original the other night, and it wasn't too bad. There are some original ideas and a few good jump scares. I wish they would have stuck to the game's premise, but I can see how they might want to expand the scope.

The one thing that bothered me was the ambigous "ending" which is basically just a gratuitous segway for a sequel.

Stalvern

Re: Resident Evil Movies

Postby Stalvern » April 27th, 2020, 8:55 am

If you'll pardon me for doing this outside a review thread, the word is "segue". The brand name "Segway" is a pun on it.

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » April 27th, 2020, 7:25 pm

I forgot to mention two obvious things that stuck out. One was that the premise of the movie was that a virus had gotten loose, so yeah, it is seasonally correct.

Also, there's an all-powerful centralize company called the Umbrella Corp that sounds a heck of a lot like Amazon.

Tron

Postby Tron » April 30th, 2020, 7:57 pm

I remember being disappointed that it too loosely resembled the game. Back then I had much higher expectations. The movie would’ve been awesome had they just played the movie out just like the game. Once I got over myself I enjoyed them for what they were, basic action/horror flicks.

velcrozombie

Postby velcrozombie » April 30th, 2020, 8:57 pm

So I haven't seen any of the movies in the series, but I HAVE seen Rich Evans from RedLetterMedia losing it at the end of Resident Evil: Afterlife after marathoning it and all the previous films in a single sitting (spoilers, I'm sure):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPUPaxgIo98

Tron

Postby Tron » May 23rd, 2020, 7:13 pm

Night of the Living Dead is a better Resident Evil movie than any of the actual Resident Evil movies.

velcrozombie

Postby velcrozombie » May 24th, 2020, 12:19 am

Tron wrote:Night of the Living Dead is a better Resident Evil movie than any of the actual Resident Evil movies.

George Romero was the one of the first directors attached to the original RE movie. Maybe it's just as well he didn't get the job, since he was past his prime by that point.

Return to “Other Media”