PS5 Reveal Streaming Live on Youtube Today

Reserved for modern gaming discussions.
TheEagleXIII

PS5 Reveal Streaming Live on Youtube Today

Postby TheEagleXIII » June 11th, 2020, 1:50 pm

YouTube keeps making sure I'm fully aware the reveal is streaming live later. What's everyone's view on this, any one super stoked to find out what the next gen has in store?

I've skipped this generation of consoles and I don't think anything is gonna make me feel like I'm missing out on the next gen. I'm mainly just expecting slightly better graphics and more ways to implement sharing/streaming/social/online experience.

I don’t doubt there is an audience for this and that millions will be highly anticipating it. But after experiencing the progress made from 4th gen to 5th, 5th to 6th, etc, how much better can things really get?

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Re: PS5 Reveal Streaming Live on Youtube Today

Postby VideoGameCritic » June 12th, 2020, 12:02 pm

I just watched this and I'm impressed by the new design. It looks like something from another planet! Can you lay it on its side?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RkC0l4iekYo

They didn't do anything with the controller however. I wonder if this thing is backward compatible?

ActRaiser

Postby ActRaiser » June 12th, 2020, 1:26 pm

There was a single image of the PS5 lying on its side on top of the black shoe for about a half a second towards the very end of the presentation. If you blinked, you missed it.

I don't know about the design. It's out there. There's probably a better word to describe that rubber boot or black shoe or whatever that thing is but if you need a rubber boot or it's going to fall over or wobble, then it's kind of a bad design.

I don't love the series X but at least I understand it. A tall tower with a giant fan to blow out all the heat. At least it has purpose in its simplicity.

The PS5 with it's 3/4 curvedness reminds me of something from calculus class where we needed to figure out the area under the curve as part of some weird mobius strip.

So...we got two pictures of the PS5. One with a disk drive and one without. My guess is they'll offer the disk drive at $599 and the one without at a $499 price. Either way this thing is going to sell out. It always does.

TheEagleXIII

Postby TheEagleXIII » June 12th, 2020, 3:47 pm

ActRaiser wrote:So...we got two pictures of the PS5. One with a disk drive and one without. My guess is they'll offer the disk drive at $599 and the one without at a $499 price. Either way this thing is going to sell out. It always does.

The sales for each model are gonna be the true test whether physical media in gaming is going to become obsolete.

Are Microsoft doing something similar with the new Xbox?

ActRaiser

Postby ActRaiser » June 12th, 2020, 6:01 pm

TheEagleXIII wrote:
ActRaiser wrote:Are Microsoft doing something similar with the new Xbox?

They already do that today with the Xbox One. However, they have not said anything about a diskless Series X yet. But it certainly wouldn't surprise me if they do long term.

snakeboy

Postby snakeboy » June 13th, 2020, 12:35 pm

I just saw this. Might want to clear some space on your entertainment center ...
Attachments
EaXfateWsAEvdqR.jpeg.jpg
EaXfateWsAEvdqR.jpeg.jpg (51.86 KiB) Viewed 1441 times

matmico399

Postby matmico399 » June 14th, 2020, 7:50 pm

Hey guys a long time since I have been on. A few hours ago they had an article on Yahoo news about the new PlayStation 5. It was downgrading its console design, saying it looks so poor. Who gives a darn. The article was very ignorant, in all the comments the Xbox S was told did it looks like a refrigerator. Almost everyone in the comments wanted to PS5. Check it out I wish I remembered the link. It's good to be back folks!

BlasteroidAli

Postby BlasteroidAli » June 16th, 2020, 9:14 pm

I hardly ever watch the feed for ps being I am an xbox gamer. Now I am PC as well

I enjoyed the reveal. I loved the look of the new console. It is almost as smart looking as the Xbox 1 series X. The games looked fantastic. Not sure about the kiddie ones.

I am not sure I will get one nor the Xbox 1 series X. I like what I have got but not sure I need another one. Evercade yeah. I can see that finding its way into my collection.

Return to “Modern Gaming”