DDR Universe Xbox 360 - help!

Reserved for modern gaming discussions.
C64_Critic

DDR Universe Xbox 360 - help!

Postby C64_Critic » June 17th, 2020, 4:59 pm

Does anyone else here own or have experience with Dance Dance Revolution Universe for the Xbox 360? I bought it for my wife who wanted to have some fun dancing to songs (obviously), but every time we turn it on it seems to want to force her to sit through an example 'how to play' screen, followed by a tutorial. Is there any way to just jump to the stupid game menu so she can just PLAY the bloody thing?!

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Re: DDR Universe Xbox 360 - help!

Postby VideoGameCritic » June 17th, 2020, 7:45 pm

I haven't played that particular game, but I have a hunch. Is she signed into a specific profile, or guest? I would imagine if it's saving her progress to one specific profile, it would know not to reshow the tutorial. Make sure she's using the same profile each time.

C64_Critic

Re: DDR Universe Xbox 360 - help!

Postby C64_Critic » June 19th, 2020, 7:15 pm

VideoGameCritic wrote:I haven't played that particular game, but I have a hunch. Is she signed into a specific profile, or guest? I would imagine if it's saving her progress to one specific profile, it would know not to reshow the tutorial. Make sure she's using the same profile each time.

Thanks, I think that was at least part of the problem. I also discovered that despite the manual indicating that once you start the game you'll be at a menu, you actually have to rapidly tap the "A" or Start buttons to actually jump to the menu. Again, terrible, horrible UI design in action.

Return to “Modern Gaming”