Nintendo Switch Lite - are you getting one?

Reserved for modern gaming discussions.
Nevermind

Re: Nintendo Switch Lite - are you getting one?

Postby Nevermind » June 25th, 2020, 4:21 pm

We’ve had a Switch for a few years. It’s been great except the dreaded drift. My joycons are currently lost somewhere in the system, having been sent to Nintendo for repair. I personally wouldn’t risk a lite until Nintendo UK sort out drift - free repair for all no hassle, no quibbles. It’s the only way I could be confident a lite would be a safe purchase.

MSR1701

Postby MSR1701 » June 25th, 2020, 4:29 pm

Nevermind wrote:We’ve had a Switch for a few years. It’s been great except the dreaded drift. My joycons are currently lost somewhere in the system, having been sent to Nintendo for repair. I personally wouldn’t risk a lite until Nintendo UK sort out drift - free repair for all no hassle, no quibbles. It’s the only way I could be confident a lite would be a safe purchase.

Haven't had any issues with my system with controls.

What IS the Drift issue?

Nevermind

Postby Nevermind » June 25th, 2020, 5:04 pm

MSR1701 wrote:
Nevermind wrote:We’ve had a Switch for a few years. It’s been great except the dreaded drift. My joycons are currently lost somewhere in the system, having been sent to Nintendo for repair. I personally wouldn’t risk a lite until Nintendo UK sort out drift - free repair for all no hassle, no quibbles. It’s the only way I could be confident a lite would be a safe purchase.

What IS the Drift issue?

Whilst there is no input from the user, the controller acts as if there is a directional input. If on a menu screen, for example, the select would move up, down or whichever direction the drift was in. Over time the fault became more pronounced and finally constant.

MSR1701

Postby MSR1701 » June 25th, 2020, 5:08 pm

Oh, the issue my second Vita had... >_>

Haven't had that problem at all with the Switch Lite thus far, had the system since January of this year.

m0zart

Postby m0zart » June 25th, 2020, 9:07 pm

MSR1701 wrote:

What IS the Drift issue?

It depends on the version you get. The original Switch release had the issue, but the v2 console (which isn't a new version, just a correction) fixed the issue. Hence I also don't have the problem.

Voor

Postby Voor » June 27th, 2020, 4:38 pm

The switch I got in February (the one with the longer battery life) hasn’t had any drifting issues thus far.

As I mentioned before, if I didn’t have a family to share it with, I’d get a Lite easily. I use mine in handheld exclusively when I’m by myself and I really miss not having a traditional D pad.

Though, I admit that using single joycons for 2 player games is more serviceable than I thought it would be. That was a pretty gutsy move by Nintendo to suggest that.

Return to “Modern Gaming”