Neogeo Arcade Stick Pro

Reserved for classic gaming discussions.
txsizzler

Neogeo Arcade Stick Pro

Postby txsizzler » June 15th, 2020, 3:11 am

Has anyone used this? It comes with 20 Neo-Geo games built in, with more being added(?), and the capability of using this as a controller on the PC, PlayStation 4, Nintendo switch.

https://www.amazon.com/Neogeo-Arcade-St ... c8a3b20INT

ActRaiser

Re: Neogeo Arcade Stick Pro

Postby ActRaiser » June 29th, 2020, 2:04 pm

The reviews for it are actually pretty good compared to SNK's first stab at a mini console. Their initial mini arcade unit looked cool but output to the TV was horrible. This device seems to have corrected that major oversight.

SNK will gradually unlock more games on the device or you can quickly hack it to get the rest of the included 40 games playable from the start.

I watched a Youtube review of a guy hacking his review unit and it seemed to work fine and booted up without issue. The bios update lets you boot up to the default menu or to the expanded one with whatever ROMs you wanted to use.

All in all it's not a bad looking or playing device. You'll want a rather long HDMI cable as the controller is the console itself with the output and power going straight out of the controller. Keeping it hooked up all the time may lead to a rats nest of wires in your family or living room. That may be a con for some people. It is for me.

Still pretty cool. Let us know what you think of it if you end up getting it. I'd be interested in hearing how you like it.

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Re: Neogeo Arcade Stick Pro

Postby VideoGameCritic » June 29th, 2020, 4:26 pm

I would have never guessed this thing had built-in games by looking at it.
Also, the picture doesn't really give a decent sense of scale.
I thought it was a hand controller, but with the joystick it must be larger.

Return to “Classic Gaming”