Game Players June 95 Magazine

Reserved for classic gaming discussions.
jon

Re: Game Players June 95 Magazine

Postby jon » July 3rd, 2020, 4:54 pm

Until you show me a game like the ones I listed, you have basically no argument. I don’t think anyone takes you seriously. Do you have any idea how absurd your arguments are.
You couldn’t show me a game like the ones I mentioned. So you have as close as you can get to having no right to continue. You’re the one that started this ridiculous debate.
Again, show me a link to a video of a Saturn game with 3d stages as big as Super Mario 64 or Goldeneye, or as big as Twisted Metal 2 for example. Go ahead, do it. You haven’t yet.

ThePixelatedGenocide

Postby ThePixelatedGenocide » July 3rd, 2020, 8:19 pm

Show me a game like Mario 64. It can even be much smaller too.

So I do that, and -

show me a link to a video of a Saturn game with 3d stages as big as Super Mario 64

https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Moving_the_goalposts

Did you just finish your first day of troll school?

PS:

Mario 64 doesn't even have as much geometry or texture detail as Sonic Jam. No wonder why Japan rejected the N64.

ThePixelatedGenocide

Postby ThePixelatedGenocide » July 3rd, 2020, 9:23 pm

DrLitch wrote:Irrespective it is entirely possible the Saturn just does not have the math tools to perform complex calculations involving Matrix Transforms

So, thanks for the education. I didn't know know these terms until just now.

https://antime.kapsi.fi/sega/files/ST-240-A-042795.pdf

Sega provided instructions on how to perform matrix transformations.

https://segaxtreme.net/threads/scu-dsp- ... ion.24242/

And Sonic R, Quake and Burning Rangers all use these SCU DSP features. As far as the Tesor Product - I'm not sure. From what little I've understood of all this, Sega has only provided partial solutions, but offered enough flexibility that you can replace their ideas with your own - this thing reminds me too much of 2600 coding, in terms of how many things you need to keep track of, in order to get the most out of the machine. It's seriously multitasking its multitasking...

It must be great for developers like Treasure, Traveler's Tales, and AM2, because they love wrapping their minds around problems like this, but I'm suddenly very sympathetic to the porters who simply threw their hands in the air, and decided to treat a single processor like a handicapped PSOne.

This is way more complicated than the "dual core, and not enough memory" complaints I've seen from fans?

Have you ever worked with hardware like this?

jon

Postby jon » July 3rd, 2020, 9:44 pm

That’s 1 level in the Saturn’s entire history from I guess a prototype of what eventually became Sonic Adventure on the Dreamcast. And the level has no enemies or obstacles to overcome. I’m not even sure the Saturn had enough power to have enemies in a 3d game. Then you need AI and I doubt it was capable of that although admittedly I’m not sure. That’s what you have to counter the hundreds if not more 3d PS1 and N64 games which probably have tons of levels.
And it’s funny how you conveniently didn’t have a response to when I explained that the Saturn was so underpowered it couldn’t even have a game where you can control a car much less a plane in a fully 3d environment.
Sega deserved to become nonexistent compared to The big players like Sony, Microsoft and Nintendo

LoganRuckman

Postby LoganRuckman » July 3rd, 2020, 10:01 pm

Jon for the love of god this is the third time I mentioned Panzer Dragoon Saga, and I know someone else mentioned it. Are you willfully ignoring us at this point? Here, let me make this easier for you.

Panzer Dragoon Saga
Panzer Dragoon Saga
Panzer Dragoon Saga
Panzer Dragoon Saga
Panzer Dragoon Saga
Panzer Dragoon Saga

Does this literal 3D RPG count or nah? That's all I wanna know bro.

ThePixelatedGenocide

Postby ThePixelatedGenocide » July 3rd, 2020, 10:15 pm

LoganRuckman wrote:Jon for the love of god this is the third time I mentioned Panzer Dragoon Saga, and I know someone else mentioned it. Are you willfully ignoring us at this point? Here, let me make this easier for you.

Panzer Dragoon Saga
Panzer Dragoon Saga
Panzer Dragoon Saga
Panzer Dragoon Saga
Panzer Dragoon Saga
Panzer Dragoon Saga

Does this literal 3D RPG count or nah? That's all I wanna know bro.

I think he's unaware that it's not all on tracks or in narrow passageways. Or he thinks every game should be Hyrule Field - big, simple, and almost empty.

ThePixelatedGenocide

Postby ThePixelatedGenocide » July 3rd, 2020, 10:24 pm

jon wrote:That’s 1 level in the Saturn’s entire history from I guess a prototype of what eventually became Sonic Adventure on the Dreamcast. And the level has no enemies or obstacles to overcome.

So, you don't know how simple collision detection works? And you think the Saturn can't add more sprites and basic block enemies, the way Mario 64 did?

Huh.

Too bad we have Sonic R, Nights, and that other game about a Penguin Ninja that you're ignoring. Because they all have big explorable stages with enemies.

Are you suffering from memory problems?

ActRaiser

Postby ActRaiser » July 3rd, 2020, 10:53 pm

In my humble opinion we've been going around in circles on this thread. I'm going to lock it for now and will re-open if need be.

Return to “Classic Gaming”