Best Light Gun Game?

General and high profile video game topics.
Zack Burner

Re: Best Light Gun Game?

Postby Zack Burner » July 10th, 2020, 2:50 pm

VideoGameCritic wrote:It's Elemental Gearbolt. This game is pretty amazing. I'm sure I took it for granted back in the day, but now it's one of those old titles you cherish.

Never heard of Rescue Shot but I'm interested.

The concept of Elemental Gearbolt intrigues me. And believe it or not the idea of elemental shots was incorporated into an arcade game that takes that plus the treasure hunting aspect from Crypt Killer: The Maze of Kings where you are in Egypt.

TheEagleXIII

Postby TheEagleXIII » July 10th, 2020, 3:13 pm

Aside from a mostly failed attempt to get the Menacer running on my in-laws TV a few years back, I've never actually played a home console light gun game.

My favourite in the arcades though was Time Crisis 2. My friend and I dumped a lot of spare change into that machine at the weekends. I dunno how faithfully the experience translated to home consoles, though.

Retro STrife

Postby Retro STrife » July 10th, 2020, 3:20 pm

VideoGameCritic wrote:Never heard of Rescue Shot but I'm interested.

It's an import. I've never played it, but I've seen it on Youtube and it looks like a pretty unique style of light gun game. Reviews are mixed (but mostly positive), but the uniqueness might make it up your alley.

This is a video of it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQCfQWerVQc . It looks more like a platformer than a gun game at first glance.

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » July 10th, 2020, 3:41 pm

I have a modded PS1 console that plays imports, but will my light guns work??

Retro STrife

Postby Retro STrife » July 10th, 2020, 6:27 pm

I imagine they would, but I'm not sure. I've never imported with the PS1 and never had a modded console. But it seems like as long as the gun is normally compatible with your console hardware, then it shouldn't matter that the software is imported.

ThePixelatedGenocide

Postby ThePixelatedGenocide » July 11th, 2020, 2:18 am

70's: Wild Gunman. FMV in the 1974? How did Nintendo even think of pulling that trick off?

80's: Gangster Town. More arcade fun than I ever had in the arcades at the time.

90's: House of the Dead 2. Almost as good as the typing game.

2000's: House of the Dead 3. Just for the memories of playing it with my friend and her mom. Aiming wasn't quite as precise as previous games, which meant anyone had a chance, even if they didn't own a lightgun. And the shotguns just felt more satisfying.

2010's: Dark Escape 4d. A game that monitors your heartbeat while doing everything it can to get you excited. It's an experience you can't get at home.

Return to “Video Games General”