Shark Week Coming

General and high profile video game topics.
VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Shark Week Coming

Postby VideoGameCritic » July 28th, 2020, 4:07 pm

Anybody else psyched up about Shark Week 2020? It runs August 9 thru the 16th! I guess the sharks couldn't wait because some poor old lady got chomped up in Maine the other day.

I was thinking about shark games, and particularly the Maneater game I recently reviewed on the PS4. I think the designers have it all wrong when it comes to designing these games. The idea of the player being the shark but seem like fun, but if you think it through there's no suspense or excitement in that scenario.

Now what if I game had you being the coast guard trying to rescue people in a boat being attacked by a shark? Or maybe repair the base of an oil rig where a huge shark could appear at any moment. Now THAT would be a fun game. Kind of like Alien Isolation on the water.

Thoughts?

matmico399

Re: Shark Week Coming

Postby matmico399 » July 28th, 2020, 4:43 pm

I am looking forward to shark week, but they seem to play it later and later every summer. It should be fun though. I agree with you on the premise of games, it would be much more suspenseful and exciting if we played the rescue team rather than a shark in these games. Maybe they will make one soon.

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Re: Shark Week Coming

Postby VideoGameCritic » July 28th, 2020, 5:34 pm

matmico399 wrote:I am looking forward to shark week, but they seem to play it later and later every summer. It should be fun though. I agree with you on the premise of games, it would be much more suspenseful and exciting if we played the rescue team rather than a shark in these games. Maybe they will make one soon.

They could even have you toggle between team members. Can you imagine being able to switch between Hooper, Quint, and Chief Brody trying to survive the wrath of Jaws? That would be great.

"Hooper drives the boat Chief"

Return to “Video Games General”