Review Voting Issue with Firefox

General and high profile video game topics.
VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Review Voting Issue with Firefox

Postby VideoGameCritic » July 27th, 2020, 8:05 pm

I've received reports that people can't "vote" on reviews when using Firefox. I was able to duplicate this problem. The dialog appears but you can't pull down the letter to change the grade.

I'm a Javascript guy and usually I can fix something like this no problem. This one however has me pretty stumped. I've been working on it for the past two hours with no luck. I'm quitting for now but I feel like sooner or later I'll need to come up with a solution. I use Chrome, but I think a lot of people are reverting to Firefox because Chrome is starting to get bloated.

If anybody has any ideas or wants to report other browser problems, don't hesitate.

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Re: Review Voting Issue with Firefox

Postby VideoGameCritic » July 30th, 2020, 3:37 pm

Just to give an update, in the voting dialog I now mention that voting may not work in Firefox. It's a total cop-out but I feel it will eliminate some confusion until I come up with a solution.

matmico399

Postby matmico399 » July 30th, 2020, 4:55 pm

All right I've been a member here since 2009. I must be ignorant. How exactly do you vote as a fan for a certain game? Someone please let me know. Thanks

Breaker

Postby Breaker » July 30th, 2020, 10:56 pm

I'm in the same boat, matmico. I see the fan vote grade, but I have never figured out how to vote. I'm almost always on the mobile site, so maybe that's part of my problem.

ActRaiser

Postby ActRaiser » July 31st, 2020, 7:24 am

Haha, I tried the mobile site and can't vote either. On the desktop site there's a Vote icon. When you click the Vote icon a popup/overlay displays with the option to select the grade with a simple dropdown. It works great on desktop in Chrome.

But on the mobile site the Vote icon/button doesn't display for me using an Android phone. Perhaps, the Firefox issue and mobile issue are related?

matmico399

Postby matmico399 » July 31st, 2020, 1:53 pm

Thanks guys for the heads up, I will make sure I visit this site when I am on my desktop.

Return to “Video Games General”