FMV Resurgence?

Reserved for modern gaming discussions.
BlasteroidAli

Re: FMV Resurgence?

Postby BlasteroidAli » August 4th, 2020, 1:43 pm

VideoGameCritic wrote:Played Late Shift last night and it was pretty good. The production values are just about as good as a random movie you'd watch on Netflix. Of course, being a PS4 title there was an annoying installation process. I thought it was ready to go but it said "Copying language data..." which took TEN MINUTES. WTF? This is why I play Switch games. Playing a Playstation 4 game can be a real chore.

Anyway Late Shift is a good interactive movie that runs about an hour. You're some kind of parking attendant in a garage who finds himself in the middle of a heist. You sit back and watch and every now and then it gives you a few seconds to make a choice, like "go along" or "resist". It's all very seamless. The thing is, after one play I'm not sure how much impact my choices were having. Like one times I chose to "run away" but the guy just chased me down and made me go along anyway. Maybe tonight I'll play again and try to make the opposite choices to see what happens.

When I was done it said I had reach 1/7 endings. I must have found the worst possible ending because the game ended abruptly before I really knew what was going on.

I preferred the Bunker TBH. Surreal with reasonable playability and a need to come back for more.

Lateshift. I beat the game in two hours with all the endings. The only really good thing is one person is reading about Von Neuman, a really MAD (wee joke there) American.

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » August 4th, 2020, 4:59 pm

You saw all seven endings in two hours? That's strange - it takes me an hour to play through it once.

BlasteroidAli

Postby BlasteroidAli » August 4th, 2020, 6:33 pm

VideoGameCritic wrote:You saw all seven endings in two hours? That's strange - it takes me an hour to play through it once.

It just depends where you save it. You can watch all the endings if you time it right. Though you may want to play through it all to get the full experience. I beat the outer worlds 4 times.. only to find out that there were only 2 endings.

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » August 4th, 2020, 8:24 pm

Oh! To be honest I totally forgot you could save! I'm not sure I'd enjoy playing that way though. It might be cheating.

BlasteroidAli

Postby BlasteroidAli » August 5th, 2020, 5:47 am

VideoGameCritic wrote:Oh! To be honest I totally forgot you could save! I'm not sure I'd enjoy playing that way though. It might be cheating.

It just depends how much you enjoy play the same scene over and over. I played outer worlds through 4 times. A relatively short action RPG from Obsidian who made Fallout New Vegas. I really enjoyed doing so. Though that was 3 times on Xbox and once on PC.
I might load it up again and see what I think. They have new DLC for it next month which I will probably get.

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » August 16th, 2020, 5:58 pm

Per the recommendations here I went an order The Bunker. Looks like it could be seasonally correct with Halloween right around the corner.

Return to “Modern Gaming”