Intellivision Amico Info

Reserved for modern gaming discussions.
VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Re: Intellivision Amico Info

Postby VideoGameCritic » August 5th, 2020, 7:34 pm

ASalvaro wrote:the Amico has been delayed until April 15th 2021 due to Covid

Sorry to hear this, but hopefully they will use that extra time to make sure everything's rock solid.

newmodelarmy

Postby newmodelarmy » August 5th, 2020, 8:11 pm

VideoGameCritic wrote:
ASalvaro wrote:the Amico has been delayed until April 15th 2021 due to Covid

Sorry to hear this, but hopefully they will use that extra time to make sure everything's rock solid.

I actually think this works out better for them, with the release of the PS5 and Xbox Whatever coming this fall.

ASalvaro

Postby ASalvaro » August 5th, 2020, 10:42 pm

new Moon Patrol gameplay footage
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBEyvNYZQuU

ASalvaro

Postby ASalvaro » August 5th, 2020, 11:03 pm

here is the special event from today
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Tzx2hBHI-U&t=795s

the games are at
9:30 Astrosmash
12:10 Battle Tanks
15:30 Cornhole
20:00 Intellivision Monster Spades
22:00 Break Out
31:00 Missile Command
32:45 Liar's Dice
33:30 Finnegan Fox
35:20 Evel kenevil
44:27 Bomb Squad
47:05 Space Strike
50:15 Nitro Derby
53:30 Rigid Force Redux
57:00 Amico console demo with Skiing
102:00 Moon Patrol
112:20 EarthWorm Jim

Robotrek

Postby Robotrek » August 6th, 2020, 7:46 pm

Still not impressed. They still look like crap mobile games, or indie games you could get for a few bucks on steam. This thing is gonna crash and burn hardcore.

newmodelarmy

Postby newmodelarmy » August 6th, 2020, 9:02 pm

Robotrek wrote:Still not impressed. They still look like crap mobile games, or indie games you could get for a few bucks on steam. This thing is gonna crash and burn hardcore.

I am rooting for it. Heck I preordered it, something I never do. However, they will need more games to see if this thing has any legs. That being said, they are not trying to compete with Sony or Microsoft so we shall see. I think the $300 price point is going to be an issue.

ActRaiser

Postby ActRaiser » August 6th, 2020, 9:32 pm

newmodelarmy wrote:
Robotrek wrote:Still not impressed. They still look like crap mobile games, or indie games you could get for a few bucks on steam. This thing is gonna crash and burn hardcore.

I am rooting for it. Heck I preordered it, something I never do. However, they will need more games to see if this thing has any legs. That being said, they are not trying to compete with Sony or Microsoft so we shall see. I think the $300 price point is going to be an issue.

I went to the website and clicked the preorder button to see how much it was. It's weird. It's $300 to preorder the purple Gamestop exclusive but only $250 to preorder the black or white Amico. Can anyone help me understand why the purple console is $50 more expensive? It says it comes with a $25 gift card but that still doesn't explain a purple mold costing an extra $25 on top of that. That's insane. I get if it was actually wood grained, stained, sanded, etc I'd pay extra for that but for the color purple? That's nuts.

The cool thing is that it supports up to 8 controllers at once. Sure, it will be 2021 before that many people are allowed in my house again. Is there any place that says how much the controllers are going for? I tried searching their website and Amazon but didn't find anything. It kind of feels like if you get this you're probably going to want a few extra controllers.

After I started this little reply, I clicked on the FAQ link on their website.

What will be the price of Amico?
The console, which includes two controllers and 6 games, is priced starting at $249 USD.

I have a big family and lots of friends - will I be able to get more Amico controllers?
Yes! Amico will come with two controllers and 6 pre-loaded games, so you will be ready to play right away! However, if you need more controllers, you can download our FREE mobile app for both Android and iOS, which allows mobile devices to be used as controllers. You can have up to 8 Amico controllers/mobile devices connected to the console at one time. If you need more official Amico controllers, individual controllers will be available for purchase separately.

Atariboy

Postby Atariboy » August 7th, 2020, 11:11 pm

Glad I didn't preorder.

With a game called Finnegan Fox, I wonder if they're a fan of the YouTube channel Save A Fox. Here's the real-life Finnegan Fox.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-wqk3uNCOw

Voor

Postby Voor » August 8th, 2020, 9:29 pm

I’m torn. I WANT it to succeed, but I don’t know. Seems like a great party system (college dorms, etc) but I’m wondering if that time has passed. I hope not, and maybe the Wii’s version of this (simple party games anyone can play) is a good indicator.

I feel that setting at the same price point as a switch is not going to be well received.

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » August 10th, 2020, 7:05 pm

Yeah $250 is pretty steep. I think if they could hit that magical $199 price point it would move a lot more units.

Return to “Modern Gaming”