Kool Aid Man (Atari 2600)

Tell us about games you are currently playing. "Quick hit" reviews.
VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Kool Aid Man (Atari 2600)

Postby VideoGameCritic » July 24th, 2020, 9:43 am

This is a good game for the summer. Very seasonally correct!

Just got my all-time high score of 36900.

The gameplay is fast and has just the right amount of randomness (when you bounce around).

The sound effects however are pretty annoying.

Retro STrife

Re: Kool Aid Man (Atari 2600)

Postby Retro STrife » July 24th, 2020, 11:10 am

I had this game as a little kid but I never remember playing it. I just watched a video of it now and the gameplay confused me, so I imagine I was really confused as a kid. And I think I actually confused Journey Escape with the Kool Aid Man game all the time, because the Mighty Manager reminded me of Koolaid Man:

(And I always thought the Scarab was a school bus. I literally thought the game was about some guy running in space to catch a school bus....)

lynchie137

Postby lynchie137 » August 12th, 2020, 5:28 pm

Retro STrife wrote:I had this game as a little kid but I never remember playing it. I just watched a video of it now and the gameplay confused me, so I imagine I was really confused as a kid. And I think I actually confused Journey Escape with the Kool Aid Man game all the time, because the Mighty Manager reminded me of Koolaid Man:

(And I always thought the Scarab was a school bus. I literally thought the game was about some guy running in space to catch a school bus....)

Haha. He does look an awful like the Kool Aid Man, dosen't he? I mean, have you ever seen both of them in the same room at the same time? Perhaps Kool aid Man was moonlighting in this game in the middle of shooting commercials..... :D

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » August 12th, 2020, 8:33 pm

These are actually images from the Intellivision version, which I also need to revisit.

Retro STrife

Postby Retro STrife » August 13th, 2020, 12:21 am

VideoGameCritic wrote:These are actually images from the Intellivision version, which I also need to revisit.

I'm confused.. You mean the ones I posted? Those are Journey Escape for 2600. The Mighty Manager reminded me of Kool Aid man when I was a really young kid.

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » August 13th, 2020, 5:52 pm

My bad - I didn't read the original message. Just glanced at the graphics.

Return to “Now Playing”