Atari Age Order Problems?

General and high profile video game topics.
VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Atari Age Order Problems?

Postby VideoGameCritic » August 20th, 2020, 1:24 pm

So I placed an order with Atari Age on July 24 and received a confirmation email. I realize it might take a few weeks for them to ship so I was trying to be patient. Last week I sent an email to them to check the status of the order, but never heard anything back.

I realize people take vacation in the summer, and may the mail has been messed up, but it concerns me that I can't even get a response from their customer service. It's almost a month since I placed this order. I'd hate to have to dispute this charge with my credit card but I may not be left with any other choice.

Thoughts? Suggestions?

matmico399

Re: Atari Age Order Problems?

Postby matmico399 » August 20th, 2020, 4:56 pm

It's hard to know what to expect with shipping with it being the summer and the pandemic going on. I would give it two more weeks and then cancel if need be, just what I would do. I'm sure atariage is not Amazon.

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » August 20th, 2020, 7:48 pm

matmico399 wrote:It's hard to know what to expect with shipping with it being the summer and the pandemic going on. I would give it two more weeks and then cancel if need be, just what I would do. I'm sure atariage is not Amazon.

Good idea. I'll give them the benefit of the doubt. If it doesn't work out I can always blame you.

Sike!

Atariboy

Postby Atariboy » August 21st, 2020, 1:06 am

I believe you have an AtariAge forum account since I think I've seen you post before in regard to your reviews. You might want to try to contact Albert. He owns AtariAge and manages the storefront.

https://atariage.com/forums/profile/3-albert/

Just click the "message" option to compose and send a private message to him.

goldenband

Postby goldenband » August 21st, 2020, 1:19 am

Yeah, Albert has always been super-responsive -- maybe the most responsive admin of any forum I've been on -- and he's extremely conscientious and honorable. This sounds more like a technical glitch than a delay, but I'd definitely contact him either way.

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » August 21st, 2020, 8:21 am

I got an email from someone who was recently in touch with Al and my order is on track.

I actually met Al once at a Philly Classic convention, probably in the early 2000's. He's a good guy.

AtariAge

Postby AtariAge » August 21st, 2020, 5:12 pm

Greetings!

Your package did go out at the beginning of this week, and I did email you but you may not have seen it. If you have a spam folder, please check to see if any emails from AtariAge are sitting in the folder. If so, if you mark them as not spam, that should prevent it from happening again (Gmail likes to do this, and I've seen Yahoo and Hotmail do it as well).

This round of orders suffered a large delay because I broke my right (dominant) hand mountain biking four weeks ago. For the first two weeks after doing so, it was difficult for me to solder, assemble, and label games. The past two weeks have slowly been getting better, but I'm still not at 100%. I did get a large number of orders out Monday and Tuesday, and you should have an email from the store with the shipping confirmation. If not, the emails are probably being blocked by your mail provider.

I'm still behind, and will be working furiously on the next round of orders next week. :)

Hope you enjoy the games when they arrive!

..Al

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » August 21st, 2020, 5:20 pm

Thanks Al! I checked my gmail spam folder (for the first time I think) and sure enough there were messages from you. I marked them not spam. I'm really surprised because all the other messages in there were junk.

AtariAge

Postby AtariAge » August 21st, 2020, 5:36 pm

VideoGameCritic wrote:Thanks Al! I checked my gmail spam folder (for the first time I think) and sure enough there were messages from you. I marked them not spam. I'm really surprised because all the other messages in there were junk.

Great, glad to know the messages were delivered, even though they were marked as spam. In the future they should go right into your inbox. Thanks for looking!

..Al

snakeboy

Postby snakeboy » August 21st, 2020, 8:55 pm

What games did you order, Dave?

Atari Age is such a great site. I usually make one or two orders a year from them. And I used to participate in the forums on a semi-regular basis, but that's been more difficult to do the past two and a half years with a little one running around the house.

Return to “Video Games General”