Mario Kart Live Home Circuit

General and high profile video game topics.
VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Mario Kart Live Home Circuit

Postby VideoGameCritic » September 3rd, 2020, 10:47 pm

I'm still trying to figure out how this works, but it looks pretty cool:

https://www.theverge.com/2020/9/3/21419 ... te-control

CharlieR

Re: Mario Kart Live Home Circuit

Postby CharlieR » September 4th, 2020, 11:38 am

This is pretty cool, but it looks like you would have to have a lot of space in your house, and not a lot of people around, since you'd be racing toy cars around the house. Also, this is probably more ideal for hardwood floors, it probably won't be as fun on carpets.

I'll see how this all plays out before making judgment, but this can't be all that fun if you don't have a huge house to drive the cars around.

nesfan

Postby nesfan » September 4th, 2020, 9:04 pm

CharlieR wrote:This is pretty cool, but it looks like you would have to have a lot of space in your house, and not a lot of people around, since you'd be racing toy cars around the house. Also, this is probably more ideal for hardwood floors, it probably won't be as fun on carpets.

I'll see how this all plays out before making judgment, but this can't be all that fun if you don't have a huge house to drive the cars around.
I was thinking the same thing. It's a really cool idea but unfortunately, I don't think I'll have the space for it.

Lucifixion

Postby Lucifixion » September 7th, 2020, 11:37 am

Damn, I'm excited for this. I can only imagine the courses people are going to come up with. Can't wait to see a real life interpretation of Rainbow Road! I do notice the perfectly level laminate flooring in the ad. Carpet can't possible work. I'm curious as to how my bumpy ancient vinyl tile floor will do in my rec room. Just removed the 80s dry bar for an arcade cabinet, now we've got a good 20'x24' of open space. For someone who loved the hell out of my old A Team slot car track as a kid, this will hopefully be the same thrill 30-some odd years on!

brendand

Postby brendand » September 7th, 2020, 12:15 pm

interesting AR??? i hope it can be used outdoors for people who don't have room in their house for a decent sized track

Breaker

Postby Breaker » September 8th, 2020, 9:49 am

I think this looks awesome. Biggest drawback will be if everyone needs their own Switch... which seems likely. But it's a very creative idea and I'll be ordering it.

Voor

Postby Voor » September 8th, 2020, 3:00 pm

Very curious on the cost. Each car $50?

Not interest myself, but it does like like a cool idea. Hats off to Nintendo for always trying stuff.

Breaker

Postby Breaker » November 27th, 2020, 9:04 am

Anybody give this a try yet? I think this might be my Christmas gift to myself.

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » November 27th, 2020, 12:14 pm

When I checked Amazon it didn't seem like it was going to be available until January.

Breaker

Postby Breaker » November 28th, 2020, 12:50 pm

Somehow I didn't even notice that when I was looking at it on Amazon. I do see there are some tracks made on YouTube, so I'm not sure if they are all reviewers that got early copies, or if they were available and are now back-ordered.

Return to “Video Games General”