Cobra Kai on Netflix

Talk about music, movies, television, books, and other media. No religious or political discussion allowed.
VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Cobra Kai on Netflix

Postby VideoGameCritic » September 7th, 2020, 8:56 am

I binged on this show on Netflix over the weekend. It's great. It's basically a continuation of the first Karate Kid movie, with Ralph Macchio and the blonde bad guy grown up and getting back into karate to restart the rivalry and deal with their own family issues.

Very funny with a ton of references to the 80's. At one point the star even tries to sell his Atari 2600 to a pawn shop. I love how the star is so politically incorrect. Some great karate scenes too!

I've only watched the first season so far. I think they're working on season 3 now. If you haven't seen this show I'd recommend it.

Tron

Re: Cobra Kai on Netflix

Postby Tron » September 7th, 2020, 8:59 am

It starts great, but loses momentum. I’m not giving any spoilers, but let’s just say that what I wanted to see happen didn’t. Maybe season 3, but I doubt it.

Voor

Postby Voor » September 7th, 2020, 2:09 pm

I watched 4 episodes so far and....it’s OK. The premise is awesome, but pretty predictable thus far. Thought it’s very impressive they got the stars back together. Maybe I’m just in the mood for something different.

matmico399

Postby matmico399 » September 7th, 2020, 5:45 pm

I just watched the first season about a year ago. I thought it was pretty terrific seeing the continuation of the lives of Johnny and Daniel. I am anxious to see season 2. Glad they brought it back.

newmodelarmy

Postby newmodelarmy » September 7th, 2020, 8:00 pm

I love this show. I have watched about 6 episodes. I love how politically incorrect Johnny is and the fact that he shows just how pathetic our kids are today (how did this happen?). I also love the 80's nostalgia of course. I think another thing I like is that it moves at a brisk pace and isn't trying to do too much, just keep it simple and give the fans what they want. I thought the "billboard" episode was hysterical!

Teddybear

Postby Teddybear » September 9th, 2020, 7:25 am

I had no idea that this show existed. I'm four episodes in now and am loving it. It is an impressive combination of '80's nostalgia, modern themes and just the right amount of R-rated humor (did anyone catch the blond guy's ex-wife's date suggesting that the restaurant serves a fantastic brown betty dessert?) And there's just something better about 27 minute episodes, you know?

I had to laugh as the blond guy uses a flip-phone - like yours truly.

Return to “Other Media”