Sega Saturn in 3D

Reserved for classic gaming discussions.
brendand

Re: Sega Saturn in 3D

Postby brendand » September 7th, 2020, 9:36 am

LOL give it a rest dude ! the Saturn was competitive with PS1 unfortunately it had many shoddy ports of 3D games however sometimes the Saturn version was superior. Saying it wasn't competitive graphically is non sense.

here is some of the same games on both machines

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oGwNHPuPzMY

jon

Postby jon » September 7th, 2020, 9:44 am

They’re still claiming the Saturn could do Super Mario 64. I mean c’mon they’re so mad at me they won’t even admit there’s no 3d platformer on the Saturn that shows it’s possible. Instead they cite 1 level in Sonic Jam. It’s a joke. And they claim to be winning this argument.

What’s next, are they going to claim that Ninpen Manmaru is on par with Super Mario 64?

Have you noticed they realize how ridiculous that game is they’re not citing it as proof it could handle Super Mario 64. They’re putting out ridiculous information. They’re literally claiming they’re winning this argument and that the Saturn could’ve handled Super Mario 64.

It’s funny I’ve been looking at the comment section for this video you just linked and people are basically saying the same things I’m saying that it could never handle Super Mario 64. So are those people wrong too?

How far out of reality are you going to take this? Now you have to disagree with other people who claim it could never do Super Mario 64.

They’ve also argued with industry analysts who claimed it was essentially a 2d system.
Last edited by jon on September 7th, 2020, 10:27 am, edited 4 times in total.

DrLitch

Postby DrLitch » September 7th, 2020, 9:51 am

Luigi & Peach wrote:Can we lock this post down yet? I really think it's run its course.

Yes this thread has insofar as the topic at hand is concerned.

To Actraiser/Critic: I have no intentions to continue arguing with Jon. I will stick to my word and wont endeavor to have the final say.

jon

Postby jon » September 7th, 2020, 9:55 am

I’ll stop too. I’m ready to move on.

Return to “Classic Gaming”