Worst years for video games?

General and high profile video game topics.
jon

Re: Worst years for video games?

Postby jon » September 12th, 2020, 12:05 pm

I’m not surprised I got disagreed with by 1997. I knew Final Fantasy 7 would be brought up. I can’t stand RPG’s or whatever type of game it is. And I could never play a game with more than 1 cd, it’s ridiculous.

A lot of those 3d games have terrible graphics and some of those N64 games are a chore to play or just flat out overrated. I don’t like games with bad graphics, there’s no way around it. Also, by 1997 it was basically just the PS1 you had to get and the graphics were terrible.

Once the 5th generation get settled in it was a nightmare for people that like beautiful graphics, simple games, and 2d games.

LoganRuckman

Postby LoganRuckman » September 12th, 2020, 6:56 pm

DrLitch wrote:
velcrozombie wrote:
DrLitch wrote:2000/01 just seems barren to me.

It's difficult for me to think of anything from 2000, but 2001 had some memorable games. Just looking at the PS2 lineup I have Silent Hill 2, Ico, Devil May Cry, Metal Gear Solid 2, Final Fantasy X, Jak and Daxter, Fatal Frame, Grand Theft Auto 3, Gitaroo Man, Klonoa 2 and Ace Combat 4.

Scratch 2001 then as a middling year for gaming, those games are very solid.

2000 then might be that barren year. I do know the Dreamcast was in full swing and the N64/Playstation were going strong so I find it hard to believe 2000 is really barren. I just do not know why I draw a blank around this time period.

2001 also had games like Super Smash Bros Melee, Luigi's Mansion, Super Monkey Ball, Halo, and Rogue Squadron 2.

2000, while not quite as strong as 2001 overall, still had killer titles like The Legend Of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Paper Mario, Banjo-Tooie, Deus Ex, The Sims, Diablo II, Perfect Dark, Marvel vs. Capcom 2, Counter Strike, Spyro 3, and Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2.

DrLitch

Postby DrLitch » September 13th, 2020, 7:21 pm

LoganRuckman wrote:2000, while not quite as strong as 2001 overall, still had killer titles like The Legend Of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Paper Mario, Banjo-Tooie, Deus Ex, The Sims, Diablo II, Perfect Dark, Marvel vs. Capcom 2, Counter Strike, Spyro 3, and Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2.

I am now thinking there are no bad years for videogaming at least since 85, even though N64 gen was a bad gen there were still some killer titles ;)

Return to “Video Games General”