Star Trek Discovery season 3

Talk about music, movies, television, books, and other media. No religious or political discussion allowed.
BlasteroidAli

Star Trek Discovery season 3

Postby BlasteroidAli » October 24th, 2020, 10:16 pm

I really thought the first two season were disappointing. Series 3 is set in the far future. Well I guess that is good as they do not need to be cannon with their stories.
Series 3 ep 1. Michel is in the future. Fab. It was a good fun episode. This was scene setting and provides the background for the series but it seems like they might be going for Andromeda. The other Roddenberry series.
ep2. It was good fun also. Also setting the scene. It takes the concept further. Some familiar faces crop up. More great ideas. I hope if carries on being this entertaining.
Is anyone else watching this? I really should not enjoy this but it is good fun so far.
it is pc to the hilt.

comchia

Re: Star Trek Discovery season 3

Postby comchia » October 29th, 2020, 9:21 pm

I'm a lifelong Trekkie, and, while I have my issues with Discovery (especially in the rough early episodes), I adored season two, especially with the characters and acting (I particularly love Pike, Culmets, and Detmer), and I like how season three is shaping up so far. I think the writers made a good call to go to the far future, while splitting the 23rd century into Strange New Worlds.

Return to “Other Media”