Biggest Sports Disappointments

Talk about music, movies, television, books, and other media. No religious or political discussion allowed.
LuckyWDFN

Re: Biggest Sports Disappointments

Postby LuckyWDFN » October 27th, 2020, 10:44 pm

Voor wrote:^^^i worry that Stafford’s window will close with nothing to show for it.

Me too. I'm pretty sure he wants out by now. Hopefully he can get traded and doesn't end up like Barry Sanders or Calvin Johnson

Breaker

Postby Breaker » October 27th, 2020, 11:09 pm

velcrozombie wrote:At least PNC Park is still a nice place to see a game.

I've been to every MLB ballpark (with the exception of the new one in Texas) and a handful that have been replaced (Yankee Stadium, Shea Stadium, Turner Field, Ballpark in Arlington, Metrodome, Joe Robbie, Mile High, Milwaukee County Stadium); PNC is my favorite stadium. It's a beautiful setting with prefect sight lines. Fenway and Wrigley have charm, and Camden Yards, Pac Bell and Target Field are all great, but PNC is on top of my list.

CaptainCruch

Postby CaptainCruch » October 29th, 2020, 12:01 pm

Kinda funny to read this. As an European, I don't care about baseball, basketball, american football or ice hockey! So, as a Dutchman I'd like to say: losing the world championship soccer from Spain in 2010!

Tron

Postby Tron » October 29th, 2020, 2:43 pm

1986 World Series <<<<<Bill Buckner>>>>>>

Todd Van Poppel

BLM in MLB

Twins beating the Tigers in 1987

When Mickey Tettleton, Travis Fryman, Cecil Fielder and Tony Phillips left the Detroit Tigers.

Harold Baines in the Hall of Fame when I can list 20 players from that era that were better and not in the Hall.

Return to “Other Media”