Thanksgiving Games?

General and high profile video game topics.
VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Thanksgiving Games?

Postby VideoGameCritic » November 11th, 2020, 10:51 am

I've always been interested in putting together a Thanksgiving special but could never scrape up enough games. I'd think we'd need about six.

Anyway, one candidate is Pocahontas, which I inexplicably do not have a review posted for. I'll have to fix that.

Recently I've been played Backyard Sport Rookie Rush for the Nintendo DS. This football game would probably qualify.

Any other ideas? I think something with a parade, or food, might be apropos...

TheEagleXIII

Re: Thanksgiving Games?

Postby TheEagleXIII » November 11th, 2020, 2:23 pm

Weird timing - I was only wondering earlier if there were any games that could be considered Thanksgiving themed.

Off the top of my head the best I could do was South Park (N64/PS1). First levels feature killer turkeys as a main enemy - which IIRC was referenced from the Thanksgiving episode of the show. I’d only recommend it as a last resort option, though.

In South Park Rally all the stages were holiday themed. I think it had a Thanksgiving themed stage where you had to collect turkeys or something. It’s a better game IMHO but the connection is far looser as it’s only the one level.

travistouchdown

Postby travistouchdown » December 2nd, 2020, 8:27 am

I have thought about this for years!

South Park for N64 is sort of a Thanksgiving game. Many turkeys and fall themes :)

ThePixelatedGenocide

Postby ThePixelatedGenocide » December 2nd, 2020, 8:55 am

The Animal Crossing series has a few Thanksgiving related quests.

https://animalcrossing.fandom.com/wiki/Franklin

Originally, he's paranoid for exactly the holiday cannibalism related reasons you'd expect. Nintendo's since toned that down, but he remains as a cook...

matmico399

Postby matmico399 » December 2nd, 2020, 5:26 pm

This is a long shot but here goes. Streets of Rage 2. To power up the player must eat apples and turkeys. Or are they chickens? I never figured that out.

noah98

Postby noah98 » December 2nd, 2020, 5:54 pm

Disney's Magical Quest 3 (GBA and Super Famicom), has a Thanksgiving level and you even fight the boss turkey. I have the Super Famicom version, and it's really good.

lynchie137

Postby lynchie137 » December 2nd, 2020, 10:01 pm

matmico399 wrote:This is a long shot but here goes. Streets of Rage 2. To power up the player must eat apples and turkeys. Or are they chickens? I never figured that out.

I'm gonna say that they're turkeys. I mean, look at the size of them. They're just too big to be chickens. Unless those chickens happen to be genetically engineered or something like that... :)

CaptainCruch

Postby CaptainCruch » December 3rd, 2020, 10:43 am

Civilization is a Thanksgiving Game... you reviewed the Xbox 360 and DS version already (Civilization Revolution). The original is also available on the SNES.

ASalvaro

Postby ASalvaro » November 24th, 2022, 2:31 pm

travistouchdown wrote:I have thought about this for years!

South Park for N64 is sort of a Thanksgiving game. Many turkeys and fall themes :)

yup i was thinking about that game today...i guess it could be considered a Thanksgiving game

pickle_chugger

Postby pickle_chugger » November 24th, 2022, 3:27 pm

A few suggestions-

Food Fight for the Atari 7800?
Overcooked for PS4?
Eggomania for the 2600 (Kaboom Style game)

Return to “Video Games General”