Games that have prophecized events

General and high profile video game topics.
Zack Burner

Games that have prophecized events

Postby Zack Burner » December 2nd, 2020, 7:52 pm

This might sound kind of far-fetched, but I have found some events in at least a few video games that have prophecized real events before they happened and here are some:

WCW (NES) - the final boss, called Giant, looks very much like the real Paul Wight (The Big Show) even though this game released in 1990, his debut in WCW was in 1995/96. Giant was actually based on Andre the Giant, but I can see a strong resemblance between the video game character and the Paul Wight Giant.

Final Fantasy VII - Though this is debatable, something tells me this game, released in 1997 prophecized 9/11 as one scene early in the game, Shinra destroys one of Midgar's support pillars to make it look like it was done by the protagonists, which echoed the real tragedy. In fact if you listen carefully during the CGI cinematic you can hear the horrible panicked screams of the Sector 7 citizens.

jon

Re: Games that have prophecized events

Postby jon » December 2nd, 2020, 8:17 pm

Aero Fighters 2 for the Neo Geo in 1994, an amazing game has a part in the United States stage where you can shoot the World Trade Center with your fighter jet and it blows up the top of the twin towers. That was right where the actual planes hit at the exact part of the towers on 9/11. That's really creepy stuff.

ThePixelatedGenocide

Postby ThePixelatedGenocide » December 3rd, 2020, 5:14 pm

The Super Spy warns that there are no limits to where terrorists can strike, while showing a picture of the twin towers.

World of Warcraft suffered from a virtual pandemic, complete with griefers actively trying to spread it to as many people as possible, and people placing themselves at risk in order to heal others.
Last edited by ThePixelatedGenocide on December 4th, 2020, 12:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

matmico399

Postby matmico399 » December 3rd, 2020, 5:42 pm

I can't think of any off the top of my head but I know I experienced a few. Mainly I am posting to say this is a great subject. I can't wait to see what more people think.

astrodomekid

Postby astrodomekid » December 3rd, 2020, 6:13 pm

jon wrote:Aero Fighters 2 for the Neo Geo in 1994, an amazing game has a part in the United States stage where you can shoot the World Trade Center with your fighter jet and it blows up the top of the twin towers. That was right where the actual planes hit at the exact part of the towers on 9/11. That's really creepy stuff.

Oh man... I love Aero Fighters 2, but that particular stage is really [expletive] up in hindsight. :( I've only played the PS4 port for like 30 minutes since I got all the trophies so quickly (only 3 of 'em LOL) and I'm usually playing it in MAME anyway, but I wouldn't be surprised if they edited that out.

Atariboy

Postby Atariboy » December 3rd, 2020, 9:13 pm

In Urban Strike (1994) from Electronic Arts, the World Trade Center is blown up by terrorists in 2001.
Last edited by Atariboy on January 23rd, 2021, 6:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Herschie

Postby Herschie » December 4th, 2020, 9:04 am

In "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2: The Arcade Game" for the NES, there's one part where you go past an electronics store and Shredder is on what appears to be a flatpanel 16:9 TV. You're not supposed to see those until 1998, but apparently in the Turtles' universe they had them in 1990!

Zack Burner

Postby Zack Burner » December 4th, 2020, 9:15 am

Herschie wrote:In "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2: The Arcade Game" for the NES, there's one part where you go past an electronics store and Shredder is on what appears to be a flatpanel 16:9 TV. You're not supposed to see those until 1998, but apparently in the Turtles' universe they had them in 1990!

Oh, yeah that part where April screams, "Help me!" and Shredder says, "Tonight I dine on turtle soup", they even got that in the actual arcade game too.

Voor

Postby Voor » December 4th, 2020, 11:53 am

In the last AVGN episode, he talks about a game predicting the Iraq war. I can’t remember which game though...

ThePixelatedGenocide

Postby ThePixelatedGenocide » December 4th, 2020, 1:41 pm

Herschie wrote:In "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2: The Arcade Game" for the NES, there's one part where you go past an electronics store and Shredder is on what appears to be a flatpanel 16:9 TV. You're not supposed to see those until 1998, but apparently in the Turtles' universe they had them in 1990!

Return to “Video Games General”