Sega Genesis fade to Black

Reserved for classic gaming discussions.
matmico399

Sega Genesis fade to Black

Postby matmico399 » January 17th, 2021, 5:31 pm

I thought I remember hearing there was a sequel to Flashback on the Sega Genesis. I just found out they're actually was. Fade to Black on the PS1. I have never played it although I enjoyed Flashback. Has anyone played the sequel? I am just curious as the VGC hasn't reviewed it yet. It would be great to hear some feedback on this game.

ThePixelatedGenocide

Re: Sega Genesis fade to Black

Postby ThePixelatedGenocide » January 19th, 2021, 7:59 pm

The best way to describe the sequel is "It exists."

The story? It exists. You begin as a prisoner of the alien lizard illuminati, until John O'Connor waves the plot off, and takes you to Sarah and the Resistance. (No, that's not a joke.)

All of this assuming you survive the tank controls, anyways. But the world literally revolves around you, so you should be fine once you figure out who's shooting you. Think of it as a proto Bubsy 3d.

Except with auto-mapping to help you navigate your way through the lifeless grey and brown prison hallways.

Like I said, "It exists."

But it was respected in its own time, at least. It even placed 23rd on one list of the best PC games of the year.
Last edited by ThePixelatedGenocide on March 5th, 2021, 10:37 am, edited 2 times in total.

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » January 23rd, 2021, 10:02 am

Sounds like it meets my stringent criteria for a review!

BlasteroidAli

Postby BlasteroidAli » January 25th, 2021, 1:31 am

I played it on ps1. Underwhelming is how I would describe it.

Return to “Classic Gaming”