New Mortal Kombat movie

Talk about music, movies, television, books, and other media. No religious or political discussion allowed.
VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

New Mortal Kombat movie

Postby VideoGameCritic » February 19th, 2021, 4:09 pm

I've been waiting for this for ages!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jBa_aHwCbC4

So why am I not completely psyched? Well, from the looks of this, it reminds me of the Christopher Nolan Batman movies. Washed out visuals. Realism. No humor.

Kind of reminds me of those "rebirth" episodes where they tried to place Mortal Kombat characters in normal urban environments. That didn't do it for me. Still... we'll see. Thoughts?

Hagane

Re: New Mortal Kombat movie

Postby Hagane » February 20th, 2021, 7:41 am

I really liked the trailer, this is Mortal Kombat, Jaxx with his bionic arms, Kano shooting laser from his eye, Kung Lao with his hat, Liu Kang manipulating fire, Scorpion vs Sub Zero, Goro... This is it, they are not afraid to show all those MK iconic moments.

ThePixelatedGenocide

Re: New Mortal Kombat movie

Postby ThePixelatedGenocide » February 20th, 2021, 1:52 pm

No humor.

It's why they replaced Johnny Cage with a generic MMA fighter who's supposed to be our audience POV character.

Some folks are hoping he's really Cage, but...

C'mon. He's the default create-a-character settings. Even if this turns out to be a Johnny Cage origin story, it'd be as bad as "Robin" in the Nolan movies.

Still, I'm here for it. At least it looks like the game. It can't be any worse than Annihilation. Or the Saturday morning cartoon. Or "The Journey Begins" VHS tape. Or the Jax and Subzero spin-off games. Or the MK3 and MK4 8-bit ports. Or the Tekken movies. Or The King of Fighters movie. Or...

Return to “Other Media”