Intellivision on Evercade?

Reserved for classic gaming discussions.
VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Intellivision on Evercade?

Postby VideoGameCritic » February 13th, 2021, 9:28 am

Just saw a tweet that Evercade is putting together an Intellivision collection. My first instinct was that this is great, considering the Intellivision controller is one of the most uncomfortable I've used. The probably is, most Intellivision games use some kind of keypad, which may be awkward to emulate on the Evercade. In addition, the Evercade's lack of two-player could be an issue in this case.

BlasteroidAli

Re: Intellivision on Evercade?

Postby BlasteroidAli » February 16th, 2021, 4:43 am

VideoGameCritic wrote:Just saw a tweet that Evercade is putting together an Intellivision collection. My first instinct was that this is great, considering the Intellivision controller is one of the most uncomfortable I've used. The probably is, most Intellivision games use some kind of keypad, which may be awkward to emulate on the Evercade. In addition, the Evercade's lack of two-player could be an issue in this case.

This is going to be incredible. It will be like the DS collection, only with less games. They could get 60 on the DS but only 12 on the Evercade. Though who cares when it has console arcade hits like...
Frog bog. Remember all the kids wanting to come around to your house to play the arcade legend that was Frog Bog? Me neither!!!!
Night Stalker I have it on 2600 and it is good. Though the impact of it is lessened due to the length of time it has been out. The Amico one is looking very interesting.
Astrosmash Another good game. I have it on my 360 and you could see how back in the day this could have been a really good shooter. Though I still think it has the problem that it would be coming up against Asteroid on the 2600 and just not being as good. Though considering they made a mess of that on EVercade, well.

Now this is me guessing but other reveals must be...

Shark shark
I would like to think Space Battle as the Battlestar galactica part sounds so good.. but it is probably keypad time so no.
Snafu
I am struggling to think of any more.
Burger time but that is Data East...
Space hawk maybe...
their inferior space invaders clone?

ASalvaro

Re: Intellivision on Evercade?

Postby ASalvaro » March 2nd, 2021, 1:37 pm

VideoGameCritic wrote:Just saw a tweet that Evercade is putting together an Intellivision collection. My first instinct was that this is great, considering the Intellivision controller is one of the most uncomfortable I've used. The probably is, most Intellivision games use some kind of keypad, which may be awkward to emulate on the Evercade. In addition, the Evercade's lack of two-player could be an issue in this case.

yup Tommy Tallarico said that the 12 games are the ones that don't need the keypad or that can easily be mapped to the Evercade controller..games like Frog Bog,Thin Ice,Pinball etc..

Return to “Classic Gaming”