2021/4/1: Playstation 4: NCAA Football 21

Let me know what you think about my reviews.
VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Re: 2021/4/1: Playstation 4: NCAA Football 21

Postby VideoGameCritic » April 3rd, 2021, 8:11 pm

Did anyone notice the writing in the end zone? That's my favorite part.

BlasteroidAli

Postby BlasteroidAli » April 3rd, 2021, 8:35 pm

VideoGameCritic wrote:Did anyone notice the writing in the end zone? That's my favorite part.

I can hear that song in my head ... ooo I am a 50 something dirtbag... ooo yeah... Superb. Joking aside, the game looks great and the ideas behind it are superb. I would buy it. Last Madden I played was `17 and it was like, I wonder if I could get the megadrive ones on emulation....
Plus I would also buy distracted driver.. and who could resist dead or alive Beach volleyball backgammon? I can just imagine the buxom ladies jumping up and down to me losing at the game.

Retro STrife

Postby Retro STrife » April 4th, 2021, 11:59 am

VideoGameCritic wrote:Did anyone notice the writing in the end zone? That's my favorite part.

I actually didn’t notice that until you just pointed it out. Also impressed by however the player spacing was done, and the lack of crowds and people on the sidelines. I hope we’ll get some behind-the-scenes details on it when you update the April Fools section!

ThePixelatedGenocide

Postby ThePixelatedGenocide » April 4th, 2021, 5:02 pm

My favorite part were the small details. Like the missed date in the fine print, and EA getting sued to hell and back the second they even thought about trying to return to the franchise.

jon

Postby jon » April 4th, 2021, 7:06 pm

I noticed the end zone. It was great. I actually got fooled the first time I read the review. I think there’s been talk about college football games coming back and I bought it hook line and sinker. But I’m the type of guy who gets bluffed a lot in poker. Once I remembered it was April fools day I figured it out. This has happened for a few of the April fools days reviews I don’t realize it’s April fools day.

BlasteroidAli

Postby BlasteroidAli » April 7th, 2021, 9:11 am

Critc, since I messed up your AFJ I think it is only right that I recompense you in some way. It might be a copy of NFL blitz on the 360 or it might be Xeno crisis/Tanglewoood on the evercade as I know you are finding it hard to procure. I have emailed a supplier to see if I can buy it and get it sent to you. As such PM me your Address in the US. I think if it is marked as a gift you will not need to pay customs on it.
Or maybe Piko collection 2. https://www.evercade.co.uk/piko-interactive-collection-2-cartridge/
Check out all those sports titles.. two football games.. and I know you love Gridiron.. two rest of the world football games aka soccer, two baskett ball games.. thrills to the max. PM or email me and we can discuss further. The least you will get will be a laugh...

HawgWyld

Postby HawgWyld » April 7th, 2021, 1:29 pm

I would actually love to see a college football game featuring the Delta State Fighting Okra. Second best mascot in the nation!

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » April 7th, 2021, 8:52 pm

I tagged this review with the "fake" icon and updated by April Fools page:

https://videogamecritic.com/extras/themes/april.htm?h=3

BlasteroidAli

Postby BlasteroidAli » April 7th, 2021, 9:45 pm

Bob ross going ape s***. that game totally got me. I was there for ages thinking how it was the worst looking genesis game I had seen. I did not cotton onto it be an April Fools joke for months. The original one of Bioshock, well suffice to say I was really disappointed when AtariAge did not have the rom for Stella. I was looking forward to that one for months. I was really gutted when I learned it had all been a practical joke.

I had this dream one time. I was in Covent Garden in Central London and I spied all of these amazing 2600 games. All new titles. It was amazing. I was so excited. Then I woke up!! Still I looked online for these new games and it had all been a dream I was gutted by that one also.

My pal dreamt there was a new series of Farscape. Then he woke up. He loves that show.

MSR1701

Postby MSR1701 » April 8th, 2021, 4:50 am

BlasteroidAli wrote:Bob ross going ape s***. that game totally got me. I was there for ages thinking how it was the worst looking genesis game I had seen. I did not cotton onto it be an April Fools joke for months. The original one of Bioshock, well suffice to say I was really disappointed when AtariAge did not have the rom for Stella. I was looking forward to that one for months. I was really gutted when I learned it had all been a practical joke.

I had this dream one time. I was in Covent Garden in Central London and I spied all of these amazing 2600 games. All new titles. It was amazing. I was so excited. Then I woke up!! Still I looked online for these new games and it had all been a dream I was gutted by that one also.

My pal dreamt there was a new series of Farscape. Then he woke up. He loves that show.

I think there was talk of doing a new Farscape series on one of the streaming-only services, same with Firefly...

Return to “Review Feedback”