Intellivision Amico Info

Reserved for modern gaming discussions.
ASalvaro

Re: Intellivision Amico Info

Postby ASalvaro » June 13th, 2021, 8:24 pm

it will be interesting to see the Amico presentation at E3 tomorrow!

BanjoPickles

Postby BanjoPickles » June 14th, 2021, 10:39 pm

Sadly, I won’t be able to pick this up at launch (I’m currently in a bad financial way), but things will start looking up by next May:

I am completely on board with this. I love the look of the console/controllers, and the games look ridiculously fun! There also seems to be genuine passion involved, so I’m willing to go all in.....next year.

ASalvaro

Postby ASalvaro » June 15th, 2021, 11:41 pm

Intellivision Amico E3 presentation
https://youtu.be/5QZcAe80uCs

newmodelarmy

Postby newmodelarmy » June 16th, 2021, 5:16 am

I was pretty underwhelmed with the presentation. With the release date in October I thought they would have more to show. I don't know....I am rooting for it but I just don't know. I hoping they stick to the October release, if they don't, I will definitely pull the plug on my pre-order.

BlasteroidAli

Postby BlasteroidAli » June 17th, 2021, 9:03 am

newmodelarmy wrote:I was pretty underwhelmed with the presentation. With the release date in October I thought they would have more to show. I don't know....I am rooting for it but I just don't know. I hoping they stick to the October release, if they don't, I will definitely pull the plug on my pre-order.

I know where was Doom Eternal? Did you notice that the central ethos had changed? Before he was saying only original titles would be on the Amico, now it is titles with Amico extras on them. I have so many games I will have to see what comes out with it. Earth Worm Jim is going to be their big game? That was a big game! 30 years back. Rocket League, well that would be perfect for the amico and would work well as a MP couch co op.

I was going to buy it last October. I tried to buy it on October 8th 2020 and was told, it had been put back a year. My enthusiasm is certainly waning.. but it still could deliver the goods.

MSR1701

Postby MSR1701 » June 17th, 2021, 9:45 am

I keep forgetting the Amico is a thing... I'm all in for the Evercade VS (mostly since I already have a score of carts it will run), but just can't see anything on Amico that says Must Get over what I have or am getting.

And Eathworm Jim can be a seller for nostalgia, I have a few associates that were interested in the Evercade when they saw Earthworm Jim running on it. Problem is, it doesn't sell a system on it's own...

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » June 18th, 2021, 9:44 am

I'm with you MSR... I'm really looking forward to the Evercade VS but a little lukewarm on the Amico. Part of it is because they made a big deal about the physical media aspect a while back, but haven't said much about it since. This presentation definitely gives the impression of an online-centric system.

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » June 18th, 2021, 9:45 am

At least we'll be able to get some new systems this fall!

MSR1701

Postby MSR1701 » June 18th, 2021, 9:50 am

VideoGameCritic wrote:At least we'll be able to get some new systems this fall!

This is true! :)

Robotrek

Postby Robotrek » June 24th, 2021, 7:01 pm

Still just a glorified mobile game player. Yes, I can see the "but no microtransactions" from a mile away. But this thing will flop. Oh, you're talking about couch co op? There's a switch for that. Cheap and simple experiences? There's a switch for that. This thing has no chance. Under 1 million sold easily.

Return to “Modern Gaming”