Madden 22 (Playstation 5)

Tell us about games you are currently playing. "Quick hit" reviews.
Herschie

Madden 22 (Playstation 5)

Postby Herschie » August 14th, 2021, 10:38 pm

I was able to access the 10 hour preview and got to play for a while.

This game blows! Almost the same game as last year's, only a little less fun. Give me back my seventy bucks!

Gimme that ESPN NFL 2K5!

Matchstick

Re: Madden 22 (Playstation 5)

Postby Matchstick » August 17th, 2021, 12:25 am

Herschie wrote:Give me back my seventy bucks!

I honestly don't know why anybody pays full price for Madden. Are they seriously trying to sell the "Next-Gen" version for $70 now? Just wait a month or so after it comes out and it'll be on sale for half price. Always is.

I think anyone that plunks down that kind of cash for Madden - plus tax - needs to get their head checked. I've had multiple concussions (just like most players in the game!) and even I know that's a colossal rip-off!!

Herschie wrote:Gimme that Tecmo Super Bowl!

Fixed it for ya, Hersh. Even if it means we gotta deal with Jim Harbaugh as QB 8-)

Herschie

Postby Herschie » October 13th, 2021, 11:03 pm

Matchstick wrote:Fixed it for ya, Hersh. Even if it means we gotta deal with Jim Harbaugh as QB 8-)

Believe it or not someone made the 1990 rosters and so I most certainly do have Harbaugh.

But now the game crashes every now and then. It always seems to happen in a goal line situation whenever I come out in an I-formation running play. Literally THE ideal play for the goal line crashes the game.

That's the bad news. The good news is every time it happened I was able to reload the game and start back at the exact moment it crashed. It's almost as if EA anticipates these sort of things.

And this is why I hate exclusive deals.

matmico399

Postby matmico399 » October 14th, 2021, 7:30 pm

I quit buying Madden games over 10 years ago. I buy them about every 5 years, but usually 6 months to a year after it debuts. There is hardly anything that changes at all.

Herschie

Postby Herschie » October 14th, 2021, 8:27 pm

matmico399 wrote:I quit buying Madden games over 10 years ago. I buy them about every 5 years, but usually 6 months to a year after it debuts. There is hardly anything that changes at all.

Honestly it's just a more polished turd of 06 on the 360.

Matchstick

Postby Matchstick » October 14th, 2021, 10:16 pm

Herschie wrote:Believe it or not someone made the 1990 rosters and so I most certainly do have Harbaugh.

BAAAAAAAHH!! Nice 8-)

The last Madden I bought was 07 on the Wii. I was curious about the motion controls. I had been playing 2K in the years prior and missed out on all the PS2 Maddens, and found Madden 07 to be pretty fresh. The motion controls actually worked pretty well, especially for kicking. And I loved throwing stiffarms by shoving the Wii mote off to the side. I'm sure it was a lot of fun to watch me play, let me tell you...

My most memorable experience with the game? Starting franchise mode, and immediately flipping Rex Grossman to the Vikings for a 3rd round draft pick. I buffed up Kyle Orton's stats in training camp, then proceeded to wreck shop through the season, going undefeated - on All-Madden difficulty - until I reached the Super Bowl. There, I finally lost against the Buffalo Bills in a defensive slugfest.

The final score? 6-3. And you thought that Super Bowl between the Rams and Pats was bad...

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » October 15th, 2021, 6:38 pm

I hear they are removing John Gruden from Madden 22 via a patch.

No matter how you feel about the guy and his behavior, the idea that a game company can remove features from YOUR game on "moral" grounds is disturbing. EA is going to lecture to us on right or wrong?

To be fair, the NFL needs to go through ALL of the owners and player's personal email from the past and fire them is anything objectionable is found. Otherwise it just looks like a hit job.

Herschie

Postby Herschie » October 15th, 2021, 7:12 pm

VideoGameCritic wrote:I
No matter how you feel about the guy and his behavior, the idea that a game company can remove features from YOUR game on "moral" grounds is disturbing. EA is going to lecture to us on right or wrong?

Until they let other companies make NFL games I don't even want to hear about EA's morals.

noah98

Postby noah98 » October 15th, 2021, 7:50 pm

To be fair about the John Gruden situation, he is no longer the coach, so it wouldn't make sense to have him coaching the team in the game. It makes sense to have the interim coach in the game instead if you want to keep the roster up to date.

Return to “Now Playing”