NFL Football

Talk about music, movies, television, books, and other media. No religious or political discussion allowed.
Robotrek

Re: NFL Football

Postby Robotrek » February 2nd, 2022, 4:22 pm

MSR1701 wrote:The question I have is will he pull a Brett Farve/Michael Jordan and unretire later on?d

I very much doubt that. If he does do this, it will be before the offseason is over. Brett Favre wasn't 44 when he unretired. He was 39. Once you hit a certain age, you run the risk of quickly accelerating off of a cliff and into performance deterioration. Tom definitely didn't want to hit that point. He had an elite season this year and very well could have reached a Super Bowl if a few things in the divisional round were changed. But I think he knows when to say when. He reached the Super Bowl in half of his seasons as a starter and won 70% of those Super Bowls. I think he's plenty satisfied.

jon

Postby jon » September 11th, 2022, 3:31 pm

I'd seen it before but didn't know what team is was for, but the Washington "Commanders" is the dumbest nickname ever. What do they say, I'm a Commander? What are they, Commander Bond? What type of Commander are they lol.

It reminds me how I always wanted to start a thread of home team names you hate. The Florida Panthers name and jerseys I hate with a passion. As far as bad jerseys, I'm going to punch in the face whoever approved these lame Dolphins jerseys years ago. Until the late 80's they were maybe the best jerseys in all of sports and still were great looking until 1997. Even the jerseys after 1997 weren't that bad. Compared to the new ones, those are a lot better.

I think I might be in a long dream because the Dolphins are beating the Patriots pretty badly. I'm really hoping to see the Patriots fade into oblivion.

Edit: After the Dolphins Patriots game the Dolphins head coach went to shake Bill Belichick's hand and maybe exchange a few nice words, and Belichick made the shortest handshake possible and then went the other way. That's the Patriot way.

Robotrek

Postby Robotrek » September 12th, 2022, 10:17 pm

I thought Cinci fixed that O-Line. All freaking off season all I heard was about how their O-Line would be fixed and Joey Scheisty would be elite.

Then he takes 7 sacks and throws four interceptions.

jon

Postby jon » September 13th, 2022, 12:16 pm

Robotrek wrote:I thought Cinci fixed that O-Line. All freaking off season all I heard was about how their O-Line would be fixed and Joey Scheisty would be elite.

Then he takes 7 sacks and throws four interceptions.

Seven sacks is crazy. I think Burrow is incredibly great and hopefully he gets a Super Bowl ring in his career. The Bengals and Bills have become probably tied for my 2nd favorite team after the Dolphins. I feel so bad for their fans that they never won a Super Bowl. Of course I'm too young to remember the Dolphins last Super Bowl appearance. But I want the Bengals and Bills to win Super Bowls. I read that the Bills are now the favorites to win the Super Bowl. I wouldn't have thought the Bengals would be far behind but they might be now.

jon

Postby jon » October 31st, 2022, 9:53 am

How about them Dolphins! Well, I can look past that they only beat the Lions by 4 points. I'm starved for some success. The Dolphins theme song is great. However, when we were growing up we were so bad in the late 1980's that my brother changed the lyrics to reflect how bad we were. They do contain some unflattering language. Well, the Fins next 3 games should be easy. Now it's time for the Bills to come back to earth.

Return to “Other Media”