Do you like buying remastered games?

General and high profile video game topics.
Stalvern

Re: Do you like buying remastered games?

Postby Stalvern » July 4th, 2022, 7:01 pm

Forgot about Shadow of the Colossus. I couldn't deal with the original's frame rate, so the PS3 version was very welcome.

Alucard1191

Postby Alucard1191 » July 5th, 2022, 12:25 pm

If I don't have the original game, I'll opt for a remastered version on a more recent system. I've found that with the exception of the PS3, (my only working one is having issues... I've never encountered a system with as bad a reliability as that.) modern systems are more stable than doing something PS1/2 era. If I already own the game though, I tend to ignore them.

Massive exceptions, like the Critic pointed out, are the RE remakes. They're fantastic.

djc

Postby djc » July 5th, 2022, 1:24 pm

There is a difference between a remaster, remake, and remix and each have their merits.

For example, I really like the Sega Classics Collection on the PlayStation 2 which are remakes of a number of classic Sega arcade titles.

I also like the Digital Pictures remaster of Night Trap that was released not too long ago for the PS4, Switch, etc...

However, if it's the exact same game with slightly improved sound and maybe visuals, then I'd probably pass on it.

Return to “Video Games General”