2022/8/31: Nintendo Wii U: Lego Star Wars: The Force Awakens

Let me know what you think about my reviews.
VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

2022/8/31: Nintendo Wii U: Lego Star Wars: The Force Awakens

Postby VideoGameCritic » August 31st, 2022, 5:18 pm

Let's hear your thoughts on my latest Wii U review.

BlasteroidAli

Re: 2022/8/31: Nintendo Wii U: Lego Star Wars: The Force Awakens

Postby BlasteroidAli » August 31st, 2022, 6:51 pm

I like the stomping on Ewoks comment. It is just pure EVIL!! What did the Ewoks do to you? Did your hound have a waz in your shoe? Lol. :lol: :lol: :lol:

The review is going great and it starts to sound that this might be one game worth getting cheap, 5 bux, it is lego after all. Then comes the glitch. Wow, you played your hand brilliantly. I could not work out why it got an F. Then the dreaded news! Impossible Mission 2... oh well.

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » August 31st, 2022, 10:00 pm

Thanks for the great feedback BlasteroidAli!

To be honest, I was thinking this review was kind of a throw-away (to fulfill my contractual obligations to post a new Wii U review), but it sounds like it turned out pretty good after all!

MSR1701

Postby MSR1701 » September 1st, 2022, 6:02 am

Nice to know there is another Glitch-Heavy Lego Star Wars game other than the DS Lego Star Wars II. In that game, despawning platforms (and graphic disasters) abound in the Jabba the Hutt Barge area, and in at least one imperial stage the death plane for a bottomless pit didn't work and I was stuck at the bottom of a pit with no way out other than a hard reset (I couldn't even access a menu).

Very good review, though; never got to play this game on WiiU or Vita, am curious what your take on the Skywalker Saga game is.

Matchstick

Postby Matchstick » September 1st, 2022, 7:59 pm

Out of curiosity, was any attempt made to update / patch the game before it was reviewed?

If the game shipped with a game-breaking glitch on the disc, that's unfortunate enough, but if the game was still broken even after being fully updated, well... that's a whole different ballgame.

One notable bit about this game is that, to my knowledge, it is the first and only time Harrison Ford has ever voiced Han Solo for a video game. Heck, it might even be the only time that he's ever recorded voice lines for any of his characters in video game form! Not saying that'll change the review score, but it's worth a mention.

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » September 1st, 2022, 8:30 pm

I did not attempt an update, so there may be a fix floating around out there.

MSR: What games does the Skywalker Saga cover? I think I already reviewed Lego games based on the prequels.

Matchstick - thanks for the info about Harrison Ford! I did notice it sounded just like him!

MSR1701

Postby MSR1701 » September 1st, 2022, 8:42 pm

VideoGameCritic wrote:I did not attempt an update, so there may be a fix floating around out there.

MSR: What games does the Skywalker Saga cover? I think I already reviewed Lego games based on the prequels.

Matchstick - thanks for the info about Harrison Ford! I did notice it sounded just like him!

Skywalker Saga is a new Lego game on Switch and other current consoles. I believe it came out earlier this year (hadn't picked it up yet). I believe it covers the whole 9 movies for level inspiration, plus a mess of DLC for the extra movies and shows.

jackj5000

Postby jackj5000 » September 3rd, 2022, 12:55 pm

Skywalker Saga had a bug for the longest time in Episode VII where you you had to talk to Maz to continue the story, but it wouldn't let you. They eventually fixed it, but it was awhile before they did, and it basically blocked you from playing VIII and IX.

Return to “Review Feedback”