Recent Movies You Saw

Talk about music, movies, television, books, and other media. No religious or political discussion allowed.
BlasteroidAli

Re: Recent Movies You Saw

Postby BlasteroidAli » September 12th, 2022, 4:20 pm

I tried to watch Mosquito but could not find it anywhere. I rewatched Blood Glacier aka the Station instead. A German movie that has the same feeling as The Thing but with a much lower budget.

Zack Burner

Postby Zack Burner » September 13th, 2022, 12:57 pm

BlasteroidAli wrote:I tried to watch Mosquito but could not find it anywhere. I rewatched Blood Glacier aka the Station instead. A German movie that has the same feeling as The Thing but with a much lower budget.

Here's one way of catching Mosquito, I apologize for the Spanish subtitles that can't be turned off, but it's the best I can do. Better catch it while you can for it could be gone from Youtube at any time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lWql548tZ3o

I guarantee you'll love it!

BlasteroidAli

Postby BlasteroidAli » September 14th, 2022, 8:21 pm

Zack Burner wrote:
BlasteroidAli wrote:I tried to watch Mosquito but could not find it anywhere. I rewatched Blood Glacier aka the Station instead. A German movie that has the same feeling as The Thing but with a much lower budget.

Here's one way of catching Mosquito, I apologize for the Spanish subtitles that can't be turned off, but it's the best I can do. Better catch it while you can for it could be gone from Youtube at any time.

You are right, I loved it. Such a great movie.

Zack Burner

Postby Zack Burner » September 14th, 2022, 8:38 pm

BlasteroidAli wrote:
Zack Burner wrote:

How did it feel to see Gunnar Hansen (aka Leatherface) up against a bunch of giant mosquitos? And don't forget Ron Asheton of the Stooges as a park ranger. I remember first hearing about this movie from a website called badmovies.org and the rest is history.

Zack Burner

Postby Zack Burner » September 17th, 2022, 2:54 pm

For a pleasant day such as this and yesterday I went with a classic "The Muppet Movie" the first and still best of the bunch. A magical road movie about following ones dreams with not just the Muppets but a wide range of celebrities such as Paul Willians, Don DeLouise, Madeline Khan, Carol Kane, Steve Martin, Richard Pyror, Bob Hope, Mel Brooks, and even Orson Welles himself (who was a big Muppet fan).

Coming up......The Phantom of the Paradise

MSR1701

Postby MSR1701 » September 17th, 2022, 3:05 pm

Zack Burner wrote:For a pleasant day such as this and yesterday I went with a classic "The Muppet Movie" the first and still best of the bunch. A magical road movie about following ones dreams with not just the Muppets but a wide range of celebrities such as Paul Willians, Don DeLouise, Madeline Khan, Carol Kane, Steve Martin, Richard Pyror, Bob Hope, Mel Brooks, and even Orson Welles himself (who was a big Muppet fan).

Coming up......The Phantom of the Paradise

Need to watch the Muppet Movie again, such a classic

Zack Burner

Postby Zack Burner » September 22nd, 2022, 12:50 pm

Some things get better the more times you watch them, and I just finished a re-watch of "The Phantom of the Paradise" with William Finley as Winslow/the Phantom, Paul Williams as Swan, Jessica Harper as Phoenix, and the show stealer Gerrit Graham as Beef, an uber flamboyant man who's simultaneously a sissy, especially during a (hilarious) parody of Psycho where the phantom attacks him with a plunger. Some light frights but has an everlasting effect on you with its story and music like "Rocky Horror Picture Show" did for generations, in fact, you could even say this is the precursor to that cult classic.

BlasteroidAli

Postby BlasteroidAli » September 23rd, 2022, 10:13 am

Zack Burner wrote:
BlasteroidAli wrote:
Zack Burner wrote:

How did it feel to see Gunnar Hansen (aka Leatherface) up against a bunch of giant mosquitos? And don't forget Ron Asheton of the Stooges as a park ranger. I remember first hearing about this movie from a website called badmovies.org and the rest is history.

I had never heard of the movie but boy was I in for a treat. I liked it so much that I sent the link around to all of my pals and said this is such a great fun movie. Leatherface is so scary in TCM but a bit likelier on Mosquito.

velcrozombie

Postby velcrozombie » September 24th, 2022, 11:45 am

I highly recommend Inside (2007, the original French version) if you're okay with subtitles, brutality and the idea of a pregnant woman in peril. The level of suspense and intensity is off the charts and it's under 90 minutes.

Alligator (1980) was a fun Jaws clone written by future Oscar nominated writer/director John Sayles and starring Robert Forster (in a role that inspired Tarantino to later cast him in Jackie Brown) as a transplanted cop tracking a giant mutant alligator through the sewers of Chicago. Director Lewis Teague later worked on a few Stephen King adaptations, most notably Cujo.

The new Sonic movie was better than I expected. There are a lot of little references to the old games and in general the humans take a backseat to the stuff you really want to see. This would have been my favorite movie when I was 11-12.

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » September 24th, 2022, 12:01 pm

I watched Ghostbusters Afterlife last night, and it was okay. It was a loving homage to the original movie, and it was fun to see all the returning stars and non-stop fan service.

The plot had a lot of stuff going on however, and the humor was understated at best. Thank goodness for Paul Rudd. Whenever he opens his mouth I have to smile.

Return to “Other Media”