2022/12/3: Super Nintendo: Pocky and Rocky, Time Slip

Let me know what you think about my reviews.
VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

2022/12/3: Super Nintendo: Pocky and Rocky, Time Slip

Postby VideoGameCritic » December 3rd, 2022, 11:59 am

Okay, Time Slip is new, and Pocky and Rocky is a re-review.

I'm also reviewing Pocky and Rocky Reimagined on the Switch, so stay tuned for that.

You thoughts...?

noah98

Re: 2022/12/3: Super Nintendo: Pocky and Rocky, Time Slip

Postby noah98 » December 4th, 2022, 3:39 pm

The first level is really amazing. The later levels are not quite as nice. I'm enjoying reimagined on the Switch as well. I think the critic should review Snow Bros special edition next. I'm enjoying that remake too.

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » December 4th, 2022, 5:05 pm

Has anybody here played Pocky and Rocky 2? I'm wondering if it's worth it to track down a repro.

Hagane

Postby Hagane » December 4th, 2022, 8:27 pm

Cool game but the lack of a strafe button really hurts the gameplay, I've never made it that far, also it's too hard for my liking, multiplayer is the way to go.

The overhead shooter with the best gameplay will always be Smash TV imo cos you can shoot anywhere while walking anywhere, simple but effective, that is genius gameplay, when I play an overhead shooter Smash TV is the game that comes to mind, other than that I like those Contra 3 overhead stages gameplay cos you're always facing foward and it's the screen which rotates.

Time Slip is very forgetable, still playable, later stages are too hard.

Stalvern

Postby Stalvern » December 5th, 2022, 6:15 pm

When I saw the screenshot for Time Slip, I thought it looked pretty good for a Contra substitute on the Master System. Welp.

Typos in that review: "oriface" for "orifice" (although that's a nasty word choice anyway), "bops his head" instead of "bobs his head" (unless he's hitting himself the whole time). Also, "ubiquitous amount of lives" should just be "ubiquitous lives" – the lives are everywhere; the abstract concept of how many there are isn't.

Return to “Review Feedback”