2/11/2007: Xbox 360: Lost Planet: Extreme Condition

Let me know what you think about my reviews.
VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » February 11th, 2007, 3:52 pm

It's not perfect, but I really liked this one.  Feel free to leave your comments here.

J.M. Vargas

Postby J.M. Vargas » February 11th, 2007, 5:06 pm

What is it with Capcom and its screwed-up saving systems for its line-up of XBox 360 action games?  'Lost Planet' and 'Dead Rising' are lengthy and/or difficult games that make it a chore to save and keep one's progress.  Maybe I've lost what little ninja skills I had when I was younger but the idea of working my butt off to complete a level only to die near the end without saving my progress would turn me off from trying to complete that game.  Little kids wouldn't mind the challenge but, ironically, these games are not meant for them.  Capcom needs to make sure the inevitable sequelsto their 360 blockbusters include some sort of save-anywhere feature, and they'll be the near-perfect action games the prequels almost were. 

Michael Danehy

Postby Michael Danehy » February 11th, 2007, 8:29 pm

[QUOTE=J.M. Vargas]

What is it with Capcom and its screwed-up saving systems for its line-up of XBox 360 action games?  'Lost Planet' and 'Dead Rising' are lengthy and/or difficult games that make it a chore to save and keep one's progress.  Maybe I've lost what little ninja skills I had when I was younger but the idea of working my butt off to complete a level only to die near the end without saving my progress would turn me off from trying to complete that game.  Little kids wouldn't mind the challenge but, ironically, these games are not meant for them.  Capcom needs to make sure the inevitable sequelsto their 360 blockbusters include some sort of save-anywhere feature, and they'll be the near-perfect action games the prequels almost were.[/QUOTE]

Remember back in the day when you sometimes had to play through entire huge games with no save or password feature? Damn you NES "Solstice"!

But I suppose nowadays gamers want to be entertained not frustrated to the nth degree.

feilong801

Postby feilong801 » February 11th, 2007, 11:13 pm

Yeah, this might be my next Xbox360 purchase. I'll have to get through Twilight Princess before I can justify another $60 expenditure, but I hope to score this while there is still snow on the ground.

Looking quite good. I'm not sure the negatives on this one will really bother me.

-Rob

Conn

Postby Conn » February 17th, 2007, 5:16 am

Just wondering... is the image on the front page supposed to be huge?

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » February 17th, 2007, 10:34 am

[QUOTE=Conn]Just wondering... is the image on the front page supposed to be huge?[/QUOTE]

Yeah - I'm experimenting with screen shot sizes.  When I only review one game, the single screen shot looks funny, and there's too much black space.  So when I only have one or two to post, I plan on making their screens bigger on the main page.

gleebergloben1

Postby gleebergloben1 » February 17th, 2007, 11:12 pm

[QUOTE=The Video Game Critic][QUOTE=Conn]Just wondering... is the image on the front page supposed to be huge?[/QUOTE]

Yeah - I'm experimenting with screen shot sizes.  When I only review one game, the single screen shot looks funny, and there's too much black space.  So when I only have one or two to post, I plan on making their screens bigger on the main page.
[/QUOTE]

Good choice, critic.  When you first reviewed 'lost planet', you had the small screen up for a few days, and it looked kind of empty.  the larger screen looks much better.  and while we're on the subject, i think your format and clean layout is one of the things that separates your website from others.  if people tell you to change, punch them in the throat.

Return to “Review Feedback”