3/4/2007: Turbografx-16: Ballistix, Godzilla (CD), Jackie Chan's Action Kung Fu

Let me know what you think about my reviews.
JustLikeHeaven1

Postby JustLikeHeaven1 » March 6th, 2007, 10:32 pm

Thanks for all the help Zen...I will keep my eyes open for any of those games.

So far I have downloaded 4 turbografx 16 games...

Bomberman 93 - One of the best bomberman games I've played.  Multiplayer is just as good as ever and I love the bright vibrant colors in the game.

Dungeon Explorer - A Gauntlet ripoff that I really haven't played too much.  Its not bad, but its not great either.  The multiplayer is decent though.

Bonk's Adventure - I LOVE this game.  The caveman theme is so underused in videogames and this is a top notch title.  If you say Bonk's Revenge is that much better I can't wait!

New Adventure Island - This is probably my second favorite TG-16 game right now.  I've always loved Adventure Island and this game puts your platforming skills to the test.  A wonderful game that I enjoy plugging away at little by little...

I love being able to save on the Virtual Console.  Games that feature no saves or passwords like Kid Chameleon might actually be beatable on the VC...

Alienblue - I have tried to track down a copy of Splatterhouse 2 for a few years now.  Believe it or not its actually a somewhat expensive game.  It always end up being around $30 dollars when I find it.  A little too rich for my blood.  I would probably spend $15 on it at the most.

Zenzerotron

Postby Zenzerotron » March 7th, 2007, 1:57 am

Do you know about Splatterhouse 3 for Genesis?? Other then the Streets Of Rage series, Genesis beat-em-ups don't get better. Part 3 is the best game in the series by far.

Just in general, I'm seeing a disturbing trend in the Wii's VC line-up, where weaker games in game-franchise are choosen over the best games in a franchise.

Examples so far........

Streets Of Rage 3 instead of SOR2

Alien Crush instead of Devil's Crush

Bonk's Adventure instread of Bonk's Revenge

The first Sonic instead of Sonic 2

I honestly don't understand the logic at work here.......

JustLikeHeaven1

Postby JustLikeHeaven1 » March 7th, 2007, 10:13 am

[QUOTE=Zenzerotron]

Do you know about Splatterhouse 3 for Genesis?? Other then the Streets Of Rage series, Genesis beat-em-ups don't get better. Part 3 is the best game in the series by far.

[/QUOTE]

Yea Splatterhouse 3 is easily one of my favorite Genesis games.  It walks all over Splatterhouse 2 in terms of gameplay.  You are correct in saying that its probably the the second best beat em up on the system too.

Actually my love for the Splatterhouse series is one of the main reason I took interest in the Turbografx16, and I can't wait to get my hands on the orginal.  For $6 it is probably a great buy.

I wonder why this series never went anywhere after the genesis?  I loved the theme and it seemed to really hit its stride with the third game. 

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » March 7th, 2007, 3:36 pm

With all the renewed interest in the Turbografx, I went back and re-edited all of my Turbografx reviews.  It took me a few hours, but I was able to correct spelling mistakes and awkward grammar, making it a much better read.  Please let me know if I missed anything.  Thanks.

chrisbid1

Postby chrisbid1 » March 7th, 2007, 7:08 pm

i think when you do get your wii page up and running, it would be a good idea to have links to games that are available on the virtual console. as mentioned, a lot of the turbo grafx games are a steal at 6 bucks a pop.

Edward M

Postby Edward M » March 9th, 2007, 7:43 pm

Critic, thak you for these reviews. I never heard of this Jackie Chan game but after reading your review, I had to "acquire" it.   This is truly a great game.  It feels like Kung fu, but with good controls and levels (aka it feels nothing like Kung Fu).  I can see this is a game that I will be playing for a long time.   Thank you very much, and please keep reviewing TG-16 games.

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » March 9th, 2007, 10:15 pm

If I can help just one gamer, then all of my efforts on this site have been worthwhile.

Return to “Review Feedback”