Sonic Rush

General and high profile video game topics.
VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Sonic Rush

Postby VideoGameCritic » December 26th, 2005, 12:04 am

I got Sonic Rush today for the DS. Man, it was great to play a brand new 2D Sonic on Christmas day.  I remember back in 1991 when I got a Genesis and Sonic 1 for Christmas from my parents when I was still living at home.

Anybody else play Sonic Rush?  So far, I've loving the old school gameplay.  Look for a review in the upcoming weeks.  I also got Gunstar Super Heroes (Gameboy Advance), Mario Kart DS, and Trauma Center (DS).

Dave

Klonoa

Sonic Rush

Postby Klonoa » December 26th, 2005, 12:35 am

I just got it today. It's a great game. But why does SEGA like these water levels? They're terrible.

wur1

Sonic Rush

Postby wur1 » December 26th, 2005, 1:31 am

Not to bug you too much about it... but grab Half Life 2, already!

Johnson73

Sonic Rush

Postby Johnson73 » December 26th, 2005, 9:33 am

I haven't put much time into it yet (I received it as a surprise Christmas present and have been mostly playing the games I asked for), but it seems to be an excellent game so far.

sega saturn x

Sonic Rush

Postby sega saturn x » December 26th, 2005, 10:19 am

I have it and it's a fine game, but man I just don't think I can stomach the reused and rehashed levels one more time.  GET SOME DAMN NEW LEVELS!  Aside form that the games about as good as sega can make them anymore.  And man the bosses are hard, I'm on the third boss and still figuring out what the hell you're supposed to do.

Cafeman1

Sonic Rush

Postby Cafeman1 » December 26th, 2005, 1:15 pm

Does it get old after 2 days?

Shawn

Sonic Rush

Postby Shawn » December 26th, 2005, 4:47 pm

Hey Critic...

Looking forward to your Gunstar review. Got the game a few weeks ago and like it, but don't love it. I love shooters and this one has a good formula but it is terribly short! Also, I think it is missing power ups of some sort b/c using the same weaponry is, I think, a bad formula. I also believe the control could use some work as I find it hard to believe that you can' run (or move) and shoot at the same time. Finally, I think I played it a total of 3 hours (tops) and I am at the last stage so it's a bit short. Anyway, I'm rambling on. Love your site and I hope everybody is having a wonderful holiday!

sega saturn x

Sonic Rush

Postby sega saturn x » December 26th, 2005, 4:50 pm

[QUOTE=Cafeman]

Does it get old after 2 days?

[/QUOTE]
If you thought the other sonic games did than this one will too.  I like platformers and sonic so I will play it though to the end but I don't know if I would actually buy anotehr sonic game like this for the ds.  I think the sonic game with some of the best replay was the second adventure game on the cube and cast.  That game had a ton to do in it.  I loved the choa aspect that made me play for weeks.

Wish one of the enw sonic games would have somethign like that, somehtign to make me play for weeks even after I beat the game.  IMHO sonic adventure 2 and 1 are great games, and better than just about every other sonic game.  The old ones are fine butt hey don't have nearly as much to do.

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Sonic Rush

Postby VideoGameCritic » December 26th, 2005, 5:26 pm

Well, I WAS having a great time playing Sonic Rush, but today I played level TWO. 

As the previous poster mentioned, what's Sega's fascination with the tedious water stages?  As far as I know, everyone hated them in 1991, and they still hate them now, so why are they still inflicted upon us?  Sonic's selling point is SPEED, so why force him to run in slow motion?

Also, I think they are running short on ideas for gadgets, and coming up with stuff I don't know what to do with.  Enough!

Finally, does that music SUCK or what??  Did they lose the phone number to the guy who did the music for the original games?  They need to track him down!!

Cool, I think I just wrote half the review in this message.

Klonoa

Sonic Rush

Postby Klonoa » December 26th, 2005, 6:32 pm

I think is fantastic. Works very well with the Sonic feel.

Return to “Video Games General”