Taito Legends 2

General and high profile video game topics.
Astrosmasher1

Taito Legends 2

Postby Astrosmasher1 » June 7th, 2007, 7:12 pm

I have the x box version it has loads of classics on it.  VGC is right to say Crazy balloon but no space invaders revenge... but actually getting to the end of Darius... cool they cat school could have released the other two and combat school.... also there is a taito legends on psp.  For the most part it is excellent with the exception of the update of crazy ballon

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Taito Legends 2

Postby VideoGameCritic » June 7th, 2007, 7:48 pm

[QUOTE=Iain]It has been out here for about a year now. Really good colelction. The differences between the PS2 and Xbox versions are really irritating though[/QUOTE]

What are the differences, and which one should I get?

Iain

Taito Legends 2

Postby Iain » June 7th, 2007, 10:54 pm

[QUOTE=The Video Game Critic][QUOTE=Iain]It has been out here for about a year now. Really good colelction. The differences between the PS2 and Xbox versions are really irritating though[/QUOTE] What are the differences, and which one should I get? [/QUOTE]
They each have four exclusive games. The PS2 has Baloon Bomber, G-Darius, Raystorm and Syvalion, whereas the Xbox has Bubble Symphony, Cadash, Pop ;n Pop and Rayforce (the Saturn version of this is called Layer Section and apparently it is also known as Gunlock).

Apart from that the Xbox version has a nicer menu and slightly worse controls (not a fan of the d-pad).

Both versions can be aquired so cheaply though, you could probably get both if the different games were appealing enough.

J.M. Vargas

Taito Legends 2

Postby J.M. Vargas » June 7th, 2007, 11:42 pm

Isn't the XBox version [b][u]NOT[/b][/u] available in the States because the market for new games on the discontinued XBox system is all but dead?  A PSP and PS2 version show up on Gamestop.com ([url]http://www.gamestop.com/search.asp?Ntk=TitleKeyword&Ntx=mode%2Bmatchallpartial&Ntt=Taito+Legends+2&N=0[/url]) but no XBox.  The PS2 version is available here but the only way to experience the XBox version is to import it from Europe.  The European version isn't locked though, so importing it is easy and rather cheap (under $30).  The question is whether the four exclusive versions of games on the XBox version of "Taito Legends 2" appeal enough for you to go through the hassle of importing from overseas.

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Taito Legends 2

Postby VideoGameCritic » June 18th, 2007, 5:11 pm

Now THIS is a compilation!  39 games in all!!

Not all of them are great, but there are more than enough gems to warrant the $19.99!
I planned on giving all the games quick once-over, and then go back and review the disk more carefully.  But this once-over is taking forever!  There's almost too many games on this thing!

riftt

Taito Legends 2

Postby riftt » June 18th, 2007, 9:14 pm

Im trying to get the hang of the skiing game...it seems like you have to go sooo slow to not crash into anything

riftt

Taito Legends 2

Postby riftt » June 18th, 2007, 9:14 pm

speaking of which...no SLALOM review in your NES section??

Alienblue

Taito Legends 2

Postby Alienblue » June 19th, 2007, 4:38 am

Oh, man, I remember SLALOM for the NES! It was one of the first games I got for it. While I've never skied myself, I like Skiing games, and this was AMAZING for it's time, it had some of the best (and funniest) "3-D" graphics in the days before "real 3-D! See, I DO like some 3-D games! The snowmen were a great touch!

Quiet Flight

Taito Legends 2

Postby Quiet Flight » June 19th, 2007, 1:37 pm

Anyone remember Ski or Die?

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Taito Legends 2

Postby VideoGameCritic » June 19th, 2007, 6:00 pm

[QUOTE=Alienblue]Oh, man, I remember SLALOM for the NES! It was one of the first games I got for it. While I've never skied myself, I like Skiing games, and this was AMAZING for it's time, it had some of the best (and funniest) "3-D" graphics in the days before "real 3-D! See, I DO like some 3-D games! The snowmen were a great touch! [/QUOTE]

Looks like I'll need to hunt this one down.

Return to “Video Games General”