LOL!

General and high profile video game topics.
Luke

LOL!

Postby Luke » July 18th, 2007, 2:26 pm

If anybody is bored, go to Gamespot and compare the number of new releases on the Xbox 360 to the PS3's in the few couple monthes.

Luke

LOL!

Postby Luke » July 18th, 2007, 2:58 pm

Whoops! Burned myself there with a typo - "few couple monthes?" haha

I meant the next few months.

Check out September 30th in particular. 24 new releases on the 360!

Alienblue

LOL!

Postby Alienblue » July 19th, 2007, 3:06 am

I can't get on that site, but, while I'm certainly not defending the gold-encrusted PS3, It really is the QUALITY of the games, not the QUANTITY. When the NES came out it had what, 25 games? Compared to the 2600's 350 or more, Colcovision's 120 and Intellivision's 110 or so. But the NES owned the market with one title -SUPER MARIO BROS.- alone. So you can't really get excited by just numbers. So the 2600 can play Bugs,Sssnake, firefly and FUN WITH NUMBERS!-so what?

Luke

LOL!

Postby Luke » July 19th, 2007, 4:04 am

I completely agree with you. See.. that's just it. Not only is the 360 pushing out quite a few more games in the next few months in comparison to the PS3, but the exclusive games are arguably of a higher caliber than the PS3.

Sure, the PS3 has got Lair, Heavenly Sword, Warhawk, and the next Ratchet and Clank coming. But the 360 has got Moto GP 07, Halo 3, Mass Effect, Bioshock, Blue Dragon, Project Gotham Racing 4, Lost Odyssey, and Fatal Inertia.. which at the moment is supposed to later appear on the ps3, but there was some word online that it might get dropped due to development problems or something. No way you say! On the PS3? Hmm.. imagine that.

Of course it comes down to your personal taste in games and what you like. But if you take a look at the hard evidence here. I think the choice on which is the better console to have (out of the two) is pretty obvious. And go ahead, flame me with the "Red Ring Of Death" arguments. But I'm talking the strength of games here, not the console itself.

Now I'll admit that Heavenly Sword and the new Ratchet and Clank look pretty good. But certainly not any nicer than Lost Odyssey and Halo 3! My personal opinion of course.

Blah

LOL!

Postby Blah » July 19th, 2007, 11:26 am

[QUOTE=Alienblue]I can't get on that site, but, while I'm certainly not defending the gold-encrusted PS3, It really is the QUALITY of the games, not the QUANTITY. When the NES came out it had what, 25 games? Compared to the 2600's 350 or more, Colcovision's 120 and Intellivision's 110 or so. But the NES owned the market with one title -SUPER MARIO BROS.- alone. So you can't really get excited by just numbers. So the 2600 can play Bugs,Sssnake, firefly and FUN WITH NUMBERS!-so what?[/QUOTE]

No offense, but that's not a very good example. The 2600, Intellivision, and Colecovision were already dead. The NES was basically the only competitor. I'm not saying that I disagree with you, I'm just saying that that was a shoddy example. 

jcserver79

LOL!

Postby jcserver79 » July 19th, 2007, 11:34 am

Hey, at least the PS3 has some good games. The Wii has NOTHING.

andrew

LOL!

Postby andrew » July 19th, 2007, 1:08 pm

[QUOTE=Blah]

[QUOTE=Alienblue]I can't get on that site, but, while I'm certainly not defending the gold-encrusted PS3, It really is the QUALITY of the games, not the QUANTITY. When the NES came out it had what, 25 games? Compared to the 2600's 350 or more, Colcovision's 120 and Intellivision's 110 or so. But the NES owned the market with one title -SUPER MARIO BROS.- alone. So you can't really get excited by just numbers. So the 2600 can play Bugs,Sssnake, firefly and FUN WITH NUMBERS!-so what?[/QUOTE]

No offense, but that's not a very good example. The 2600, Intellivision, and Colecovision were already dead. The NES was basically the only competitor. I'm not saying that I disagree with you, I'm just saying that that was a shoddy example. 

[/QUOTE]

Actually it is a good example. While the nes has its share of F titles, quality control was much higher than atari i.e. x rated games and so on.

KanYozakura

LOL!

Postby KanYozakura » July 19th, 2007, 1:18 pm

[QUOTE=jcserver79]

[/QUOTE]

Okay, whatever you say...

*goes off to play RE4, Zelda, Excite Truck, Trauma Center, Super Swing Golf, Wii Sports, and Wii Play, then uses the Opera browser to check out Puzzle Quest Wii, Dewey's Adventure, Brawl, MP3, Wii Fit, SMG, Alien Syndrome, Trauma Center: New Blood, Manhunt 2, No More Heroes, etc. etc.)

jcserver79

LOL!

Postby jcserver79 » July 19th, 2007, 3:22 pm

[QUOTE=KanYozakura][QUOTE=jcserver79]

[/QUOTE]

Okay, whatever you say...

*goes off to play RE4, Zelda, Excite Truck, Trauma Center, Super Swing Golf, Wii Sports, and Wii Play, then uses the Opera browser to check out Puzzle Quest Wii, Dewey's Adventure, Brawl, MP3, Wii Fit, SMG, Alien Syndrome, Trauma Center: New Blood, Manhunt 2, No More Heroes, etc. etc.)

[/QUOTE]

Remove the ports, games marketed to non-gamers, and sequels that won't be as good as the orignals, and what do you get?

JasonhasRSI1

LOL!

Postby JasonhasRSI1 » July 19th, 2007, 3:35 pm

[QUOTE=jcserver79]

[/QUOTE]
--
Prepare to reap the whirlwind

Return to “Video Games General”